Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 AM

88 posts, read 327,497 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the urgency but I am wondering how to get this information and can't find it and my realtor wasn't able to let me know. I am considering purchasing a home in the Cameron Park area and the schools are Pioneer, Lowell Scott Middle and Centennial High and I was wondering if these are predominantly LDS schools meaning a large LDS student population. I am wondering if an LDS realtor would know? I know there are some out there but thought I'd try here first.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
I'm not 100% sure, but you may get some info about this particular issue on greatschools. org in the parent's comments section of Centennnial HS. I might have read something about it being very LDS, but I might be wrong.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 AM

What about the Eagle school system?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbd6805 View Post
Sorry for the urgency but I am wondering how to get this information and can't find it and my realtor wasn't able to let me know. I am considering purchasing a home in the Cameron Park area and the schools are Pioneer, Lowell Scott Middle and Centennial High and I was wondering if these are predominantly LDS schools meaning a large LDS student population. I am wondering if an LDS realtor would know? I know there are some out there but thought I'd try here first.
Thanks!
Your realtor or any realtor isn't going to offer you this information because it's a violation of the Fair Housing Act. I can tell you that Cameron Park is a nice neighborhood

Old 04-21-2009, 01:16 PM

Hi Torrie, it is very nice. We really like the area. It is difficult to find the information I need though. Do you know how the Eagle Schools are (Seven Oaks, Eagle Middle and High)? The other neighborhood we are considering is Brookwood.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:55 PM

424 posts, read 1,379,405 times
Quote:
Thanks!
The West Boise and Meridian area are growing very fast in every respect so yes there will be a large LDS population out there but there will also be a large non-LDS population out there. Bottom line is that the odds there are about the same as everywhere else in the Boise area. The LDS population in the area is between 25-30%.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 PM

Is it really true about the fair housing act? Why are there Boise/Meridian LDS realtors listed on the internet then? I would think if LDS realtors exist it is to help LDS find an LDS community they would be happy in? I am not sure about the forums rules on posting links but if you type 'boise lds realtor' in google and click the first link that comes up you can see there are a bunch.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:38 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,762 times
Quote:
Is it really true about the fair housing act? Why are there Boise/Meridian LDS Realtors listed on the internet then? I would think if LDS realtors exist it is to help LDS find an LDS community they would be happy in? I am not sure about the forums rules on posting links but if you type 'boise lds realtor' in google and click the first link that comes up you can see there are a bunch.

I can't tell you why agents do what they do. I personally wouldn't list my religious affiliation on a website as I feel it's inappropriate. Agents cannot "steer people to specific neighborhoods based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin- it's against the law. Below is a link to the Fair Housing Act.

Civil Rights Division Home Page

Please know this is not my opinion, this is the law I'm required to follow whether I believe in it our not. I understand your point of view, but if agents are steering you to neighborhoods based on religion, I would interpret that as a violation of the Fair Housing Act. Can you find agents that will do that?....Oh, I'm sure you can!

As far as the Eagle schools go, your best bet is to go to greatschools.org, that's what a lot of my clients do. I do not have children in that school district so I don't have any first hand information to offer.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,994 times
I live in Brookwood and love it!

Old 04-23-2009, 02:33 PM

The reason I ask is because I am not LDS and would prefer a balanced religious diversity for my kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area