Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 PM

38 posts, read 105,277 times

Advertisements

The Bombay Grill is just as good or better than the Indian food I had on Devon Street. I told you that the butter chicken was to die for, and you have to try the lamb curry when you get the chance. Thursday was when I was there last and everything on the buffet was excellent that day.

Thanks for the update Kim,

gcflyfish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 12:52 PM

150 posts, read 580,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcflyfish View Post
The Bombay Grill is just as good or better than the Indian food I had on Devon Street. I told you that the butter chicken was to die for, and you have to try the lamb curry when you get the chance. Thursday was when I was there last and everything on the buffet was excellent that day.

Thanks for the update Kim,

gcflyfish

I was there Thursday too! I am going back this week too!! YUM YUM!

Old 01-01-2010, 03:29 PM

Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life. I just moved back to Boise after a 3-month hiatus, and it feels great to be here. The Bombay Grill is still offering up that fantastic lunch buffet, and I'm telling you all, that deal is the best lunch value to be found downtown. Everything is good, fresh, and the butter chicken is their signature dish - it is so good.

I will admit that I haven't tried the other Indian restaurant (The Taj Mahal), but if it is half as tasty as the Bombay Grill, Boise is truly blessed with high-quality Indian food. Next time you are in the Tenth and Main St. area of downtown, be sure to check out the Bombay Grill. You will not be disappointed, if you like this type of cuisine.

gcflyfish

Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
I had a delicious curry from Bombay this past weekend. It is a great restaurant.
Also a side note, I have noticed that almost all the restaurants that closed last year when the economy slowed have re-opened as new establishments. The downtown dining scene continues to evolve. The local newspaper will print sensationalistic stories about how the sky is falling when a downtown restaurant closes, but when that same space re-opens a few months later with a new fresh restaurant there is not a peep from the paper.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM

It's rough having to walk by all the delicious smelling food at the Bombay each day and not being able to afford to eat out much. The butter chicken at the Bombay is perfect for those who like the flavors of Indian food but are not fans of heavy curry. Yes, there still is curry in this dish, but it is very mild.

It does seem like many of the restaurants downtown are are holding their own. Asiago's always has patrons - even on Monday nights, and La Vie en Rose, across from the Bombay Grill, is usually packed. Perhaps it's because the food there is incredible, as well. There are plenty of places to eat in downtown Boise, and it will always be the foremost culinary part of the city.

gcflyfish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area