U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:07 AM

9 posts, read 24,974 times
I go to the Underground Barbershop, and couldn't be happier with Biagio the barber. It's $15 for a cut, and he does in fact use a straight razor on the back of your neck. He's from Italy and has a fairly thick accent, cool guy. He's been trying to sell clothing on the side, but I don't know how well it's doing for him. It's all relatively inexpensive club wear he sells, not really my thing. The cool part is the shop location. It's in the bottom of a parking garage in the wall right where cars are exiting, fairly well hidden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 02:32 PM

6 posts, read 14,914 times
Fred's Reel Barbershop on Meridian road. And there is some misconceptions about training. I have been to a gal that got her license in Utah, and she is trained as a barber as well. State law there.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:33 PM

150 posts, read 363,046 times
I was walking on Main st going toward the Record Exchange and there was a barbershop that said they did hot shaves and there was a flat razor decal on the window.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 5,453 times
Ohhh my goodness this is where you guys need to go:
downtownbarberstyle.com‎

The owner, Bob slay, is amazing. Promise!
Tell him Carissa Sent you.

Only Licensed actual barbers in that shop. Barber pole, straight razors and all.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,987 times
Default Barbershop

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianflyguy View Post
My wife and I are moving to the Boise area pretty soon and I was wondering who the best barber's in Boise are. I'd like to find a shop with history both on the walls and in the barber stories and wit as well as skill with a straight razor.
If you are stil looking..... Please check out Studio U at 4532 Overland Rd. in Boise (in the Country Club Plaza shop. center). We are a new business. Barbershop AND Salon. Not old school per se but you can get any barbering service from a licensed BARBER, including hot lather shaves with straight edge razor. Ask for Bette. I am the owner and a licensed barber. Thanks!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 AM

2,251 posts, read 2,676,227 times
Just found a new barbershop that I have been going to. Doesn't look like a woman has set foot in the place for years. It's called Doc Scissors and it is on Orchard, just south of Emerald. Dead animals on the walls, hunting and sports magazines in the magazine rack, it's how I remember barber shops should look and feel. Definitely not a uni-sex kind of a place. Skilled with a straight razor and quick with a good story or two as well.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,872 times
Underground Barber is $15 for a cut & he uses a straight razor.downtown 735 Idaho
Cool old school Italian guy
Personal experience...Boise Coop barber cut the top of my sons ear with a trimmer, so I
am not letting him use a razor ever. Hyde Park barber is old school but catch him before noon, if you know what I mean Erin Swenson at Eternity Salon 6th & Hayes is my recommendation for your wife!!
Welcome

Old 01-11-2011, 01:38 PM

521 posts, read 598,049 times
The place in Hyde Park--that's no joke about going early in the day. An afternoon cut will be awful thanks to the imbibing of the owner. My brother and a few male friends have experienced this first hand.

My husband has gone to the place near 34th & State and likes it.

On another note, but related in my book, Riebe's shoe repair shop on 10th between Idaho and Main is fantastic for shoe shines, repairs, re-soleing & heeling, and amazing old-fashioned service.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 6,560 times
I know its been a year or so since anyone has posted on here but I own a shop. It is called Tradition Barbershop located at 3115 W. State St Boise, Idaho 83703 (208)914-3882. Excellent Haircuts and Straight Razor Shaves. A shop for the Modern Man with Traditional Taste.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,758 times
I went to the 9th Street BarberShop yesterday for the first time. VERY old school. Received an excellent cut for $15. He used a straight razor on the neck. He also offers hot shaves and beard trims. It is located at 210 9th Street between Bannock and Idaho. The owner/barber is Tom McReynolds. He is very personable and has been barbering since the mid-'80's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area