Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,402 times

Advertisements

Hi I wanted to find out about Meridian Idaho, You see I am black and my honey is German who will be coming to the USA for the first time. We did some research and Idaho's weather and all of the nature would be perfect for us. I just fell in love with all of the pictures on the internet! I just wanted to make sure there would not be any issues in Meridian due to us being an inter-racial couple. We are both in real estate and I would love to continue my career in Idaho. How's the market there? We are planning a trip around September/October to get a feel for everything. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 AM

993 posts, read 3,245,884 times
Nobody cares.
Just show up , have a good time.
Welcome to Southern Idaho.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 AM

464 posts, read 1,108,774 times
You will run into a-holes in any state. I've found that there are far more racists in California than in Idaho, by pure numbers anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'd be more worried about the housing market - it appears to be very depressed. The rents also look quite depressed - good for me - bad for selling homes... Then again, how is that any different than anywhere else in America? Good luck!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:06 PM

993 posts, read 3,245,884 times
Yo Sac

Good to read your words.
Let me tell you. We sold our house in Central Cal for alot less money than we listed it for. .
I don't care because it was worth it.
There was a big fat Pheasant in my front yard today.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:32 PM

464 posts, read 1,108,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Yo Sac

Good to read your words.
Let me tell you. We sold our house in Central Cal for alot less money than we listed it for. .
I don't care because it was worth it.
There was a big fat Pheasant in my front yard today.
Yeah, I came of house buying age in 2003-2004. Researched the market and decided I would be crazy to buy anything. That proved to be the right decision.

I've been researching rents in and around Boise, as I have decided that moving to Boise is my best option to get to Idaho as soon as possible(I can always move to the northern part of the state from there!), and I found that my current 3bd 1.75bath home that was built in 1955 would go for much less than the $1600 I am currently charged. I found tons of similar homes for less than $1000 a month and the last time I paid less than $900 a month in Sacramento I was making just over minimum wage.

That alone will be a huge burden lifted off my shoulders financially. I don't care if people say, "Well you'll make less!". Dude, I only make $15 an hour out here as it is...bill me! lol I won't go into how I used to make nearly twice that a year ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: