Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:11 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times

Advertisements

The name of the book

"the Pedophiles Guide to love & Pleasure: A child-lover's code of Conduct"

You don't see anything wrong with that?

The book, from the FB link describes such things:

"Many would prefer to find an agreeable youngster and just grow older with it [notice the use of "it" instead of him/her], and maybe even marry."

"Then he goes on to say that protection isn't necessary if both partners are disease free, however when precations are needed to use standard condoms. "Unfortunately they [standard condoms] are much too big to fit boys younger than thirteen. Luckily there is a prodcut that is identical to the adult condom, in almost every way, which will do the trick."

"Sexual acts between true pedosexuals and minor children are restricted to kissing (no tongue) licking, sucking, fondling, caressing, cuddling, and mutual masturbation. "

It is sick

Old 11-11-2010, 05:56 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
If this were really about "free speech," Amazon should publish this author's address and phone number.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Have you read the book? Can you cite parts of the book in which it shows a person how to molest kids? A guide to how to commit serious criminal acts? Do you think a pedophile needs an instruction manual?

Let's just suppose for a moment that this book will only be read by people who are already predisposed to committing the crime of molesting a child. By reading this book, the criminal can significantly reduce the amount of actual harm that is done to the child. Would that be a good or a bad thing for him to be aware of?

Here's a parallel example. An arsonists guide that explains how to keep the fire from spreading to nearby unintended buildings . Wouldn't it be a good thing if the arsonist next door to you, knew how to avoid burning your house down, too? Would you object to the arsonist knowing how to protect your property in the execution of his crime?

I haven't read the book, but I have the impression that it falls into that category. In America, though, a book is regarded, by default, as protected by the First Amendment. The onus is on objectors to prove (not simply guess) that the book should not be protected.

The mere fact that the book explains means of breaking the law does not by itself support the banning of it. That would require the banning of user manuals for radar detectors, which show you how to commit the crime of speeding and be insulated from justice. Would you demand a boycott of a bookseller because they list a book that explains how to pick locks?
The book describes how to basically get away with it and lessen criminal impacts when caught.

Your strawman doesnt work with me. Yep, if someone tries to publish a book on how to commit other felonies and get away with them then yes...I oppose those too.

Keep waving your hands with fantastical scenarios, you are defending a book that fully supports the violation of others right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....under the guise of the 1st amendment. The fact that you fail to see the consitutional violation of OTHERS rights in favor of some rights is telling indeed.

Good day.

Mmmmmmm I love the smell of pwnage in the air. I can always rely on you to be my own best strawman. I almost feel guilty....like when I take candy from small children or beat up gradeschoolers for their lunch money.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
Yes, when you are trying to take the high moral ground in not censoring things, it's best to be trying to take that ground on behalf of something with some slight bit of merit.

I get the theory of not censoring things, but this was not the best example. Amazon's problem here is that, unlike Apple and apps, they don't "prequalify" things, especially self-published things, they rely on users to notify them about inappropriate listings (like copyright violations - there have been probably 10 versions of Harry Potter books put up illegally and they generally last less than a day).

I do remember the flap over Anarchist's Cookbook (back before it was up all over the web) and the idea over whether that should be banned or censored.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Go to YouTube and search for /how to hotwire a car/. You will get 416 videos, one of them with 175,000 views. Where's your moral outrage?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:21 AM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
That is pretty disgusting.

There are not that many things that incite such anger and hate within me such as pedophilia.

the Author's description:
"This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certian rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter sentences should they ever be caught."

yeah, including the spellling mistakes.

No, sorry I'll never feel "less hatred" for these people. Scum of society.
Castrate the sons-of-******* with a rusty butter knife.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:27 AM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times
Quote:
Go to YouTube and search for /how to hotwire a car/. You will get 416 videos, one of them with 175,000 views. Where's your moral outrage?
Yes, that may be bad, but a book or manual that would tell you how to "properly" rape and molest a child? To me that's way over the line. Freedom of speech is great, what you do in your bedroom (or out of it) BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS fine (you can run down the street naked for all I care) but guide on how to molest a child? Come on.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You're comparing instructions on how to hotwire a car with pedophilia?

Are you even serious?

My moral outrage heightens when the innocence and trust of an individual who is below the age of consent is ripped from them.

Hotwiring a car is a little lower on the list.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:35 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
You're comparing instructions on how to hotwire a car with pedophilia?

Are you even serious?

My moral outrage heightens when the innocence and trust of an individual who is below the age of consent is ripped from them.

Hotwiring a car is a little lower on the list.
Of course I'm serious. If you are, then I will ask you again:
Do you oppose the book because it might be useful to a criminal?
Or do you oppose the book because it offends you personally?

You are quite OK with the distribution of books that explain how to commit criminal offenses, unless it happens to be a category of criminal offense that particularly gets under your skin. Right?

It looks to me, from your comment above, that the entirety of your objection rests upon your arbitrary presumption of an "age of consent", and all perceptions of morality spring from that "age of consent" mandate, which varies from state to state. Your argument is that having sex with a person of a certain age is moral in one state but not another. Read your own words: "when the innocence and trust of an individual who is below the age of consent is ripped from them". Once a person reaches your so-called "age of consent" at 12:01 am local time, is it morally OK to rip innocence and trust from them?

If you had any conception of morality at all, you would intuitively understand that ripping innocence and trust from individuals is a moral outrage, regardless of their age.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-13-2010 at 10:06 AM..

Old 11-13-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Of course I'm serious. If you are, then I will ask you again:
Do you oppose the book because it might be useful to a criminal?
Or do you oppose the book because it offends you personally?

You are quite OK with the distribution of books that explain how to commit criminal offenses, unless it happens to be a category of criminal offense that particularly gets under your skin. Right?

It looks to me, from your comment above, that the entirety of your objection rests upon your arbitrary presumption of an "age of consent", and all perceptions of morality spring from that "age of consent" mandate, which varies from state to state. Your argument is that having sex with a person of a certain age is moral in one state but not another. Read your own words: "when the innocence and trust of an individual who is below the age of consent is ripped from them". Once a person reaches your so-called "age of consent" at 12:01 am local time, is it morally OK to rip innocence and trust from them?

If you had any conception of morality at all, you would intuitively understand that ripping innocence and trust from individuals is a moral outrage, regardless of their age.
In this case: both.

FYR I just performed a search on Amazon for hotwiring a car. There was one result: with the description of how to hotwire a car if you get stuck on the freeway.

I agree that nothing magical happens when a teenager turns 16 overnight. However, it is safe to say that a teenager of 16, compared to say a child of 10 has different concepts of sexual intercourse.

Different ability to see right from wrong, more learned in what they want, less need to please an adult.

You may have skipped biology & sex ed, I don't know. However a child of 10 is lacking in particular hormones that are required for sexual interactions.

A child of 10 is in the care of the adults in their world. A child of 10 may not fully understand the acts being committed on them until much later. I've never heard a victim of pedophilia say their experience didn't hurt them or change them.

Your inadequate example, equates the stealing of a material item, with the stealing of innocence, the ability to trust people in position of authority, and sometimes the ability to be in a successful sexual relationship. The impact of pedophilia is never good, often the child's life will spiral out of control, self medicating, or turn to a life of crime.

There are different levels of punishment for different crimes. Why do you think that might be?

Maybe you should do some reading on the impact of being a VICTIM of pedophilia.

You may understand why people have low concern for the excuse of human beings who undertake such actions.

Here is some to get you started:
HARMING THE LITTLE ONES: THE EFFECTS OF PEDOPHILIA ON CHILDREN - HiddenMysteries Health Archive

Another common reaction is for the victim to withdraw into himself or herself, dejected and plagued with self-doubt. This only aggravates the pain, for it is thought that children who do not speak about their sexual abuse suffer greater psychic distress than those who are able to seek help.25 Johnson notes:

Low self-esteem and depression are the most important long-term effects experienced by sexually abused boys, along with a tendency to feel helpless and vulnerable. Some of these boys are almost compulsively drawn into situations where they are repeatedly victimized. Adult types of sexual dysfunction appear to be as common among former sexual abuse victims as they are in adult rape victims.26

These may include running away from home, being enticed into prostitution, promiscuous sex, and substance abuse.27

Contrary to the opinions of those who would minimize the negative consequences of adult-child sex, the effects are immediate and often severe. In a clinical study, Robert L. Johnson, M.D., found that “70% of those who had been molested (by a male or female) felt devastated immediately after the molestation incident had occurred.”23 Bill Watkins and Arnon Bentovim, in their review of research on the sexual abuse of male children, found three common short-term effects.24

Finally, and not surprisingly, many of these children become suicidal. They are more likely than other maltreated children to receive the psychiatric diagnosis of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.28 Because of the nature of the abuse, they have difficulty forming trusting relationships — especially with those they view as parental figures

So I am opposed to a book that attempts to assist a sick pervert reduce the possible jail sentence given to him, and attempts to advise how to get around the size of condoms.

Yeah, its totally the same as having your car stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books