Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 AM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The USA already has more people, per capita, serving prison terms than China, Myanmar, North Korea, Russia, Iran. Having people like you demanding long and severe sentences only increases the shame that future Americans will add to their legacy of aboriginal genocide, slavery and male suffrage.
We both know that this is due to the fact that many of the countries you just listed merely kill the offender outright or have prompt executions. The fact that you mention NK is telling since their numbers would be soooo transparent lol...you are aware of the mass graves in the countryside?

Additionally, our high incarceration rate is largely due to the war on DRUGS not Pedophiles. We probably agree on the former being largely ineffective but really, it seems that you are making every possible effort to defend people that are actively raping young children instead of lighting up a joint by personal choice. You really can't see the difference?

We know you have a long tradition here of making every possible excuse for criminals but really....at some point I'd hope you can see some middle ground and not blanket statement pedos in with others. Seems like most inmates disagree with your position given how they treat pedos in prison.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
If Florida prosecutes and convicts the author of this book they will probably go after Florida residents who ordered the book also.
Yeah, if anyone in Florida even bought it. Who knows.

Quote:
Prosecutors in other States will probably file cases against buyers of the book also. I would predict a case before the SCOTUS before this all shakes out.
Well, that's where we disagree - I wouldn't be surprised if the Feds confiscated the list and put all the buyers on a watch-list but I'm not convinced we'll see any arrests or prosecutions.

Quote:
However the same book may be purchased by prosecutors, concerned parents or others concerned about how a Pedophile goes about enticing children to satisfy his/her perverted cravings. Not everything is black & white when it involves publishing.
Which is exactly why they can't go around arresting and prosecuting everyone who bought the book. Which is why I don't think they will - you're kind of proving my point and contradicting your own prediction.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:11 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Ok, folks, this is really turning into a political discussion, so I will close this thread ... you can continue this discussion on our Politics and other Controversies forum. Thanks!

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books