Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
........ The Life Intended by Kristen Harmel.
"After her husband’s sudden death over ten years ago, Kate Waithman never expected to be lucky enough to find another love of her life. But now she’s planning her second walk down the aisle to a perfectly nice man. So why isn’t she more excited?

At first, Kate blames her lack of sleep on stress. But when she starts seeing Patrick, her late husband, in her dreams, she begins to wonder if she’s really ready to move on. Is Patrick trying to tell her something? Attempting to navigate between dreams and reality, Kate must uncover her husband’s hidden message. Her quest leads her to a sign language class and into the New York City foster system, where she finds rewards greater than she could have imagined."

This sounds right up my alley, thx. I have broken a rule I made for myself to read only one book at a time. Read it in its entirety before moving on. I now have 3 books before me & feel like I have the attention span of a gnat. But one I think will keep me until the end is Girl In The Woods by Aspen Matis. It's a memoir about a girl who gets raped at college and ultimately drops out & walks the Pacific Crest from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. So far it's good. Really good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 09:31 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,077 times
lots of great suggestions on here that I may have to dive into! My wishlist on Amazon is getting big so I think I might get a library card so I don't spend too much money lol

Old 09-30-2015, 09:36 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,348,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post

Over-achiever.

Of course since I got the 2 books from the library, my eBook on the hold list at the library came up last night too. My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry.

This is my absolute favorite time of year - cozy weather, cozy food, and snuggling up with a good book! If only time went slower this time of year too.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:47 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,542,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
This is my absolute favorite time of year - cozy weather, cozy food, and snuggling up with a good book! If only time went slower this time of year too.
Yes, I think the world should go into hibernation.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Yes, I think the world should go into hibernation.
Sure would be perfect!

Old 10-01-2015, 08:39 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,402,543 times
Just finished The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. Any avid reader/book lover will probably LOVE this book! Truly a delightful book with a charmingly grumpy bookstore owner as the main character.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:52 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Just finished The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. Any avid reader/book lover will probably LOVE this book! Truly a delightful book with a charmingly grumpy bookstore owner as the main character.
Agree

Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Put myself on the hold list at the library for it. Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:20 PM

671 posts, read 502,094 times
Better by Amy Robach. About her battle with Stage 2 Breast Cancer. In September 2013 GMA producer ask her (40 at the time with Two young Daughters) to get a on air Mammogram for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. She initially refused (because she was 40, had no family history and felt like ti was too much for Morning TV) but was finally talk into it by Robin Roberts. She got the mammogram on October 1. after several weeks she was called to do some more testings and scheduled a doctor appointment. on October 29 she found she had Breast cancer while at the doctor appointment.

She ended up getting Bilateral Mastectomy (during which they found a another cancerous tumor that was missed) and went through 8 rounds of Chemo, reconstructive surgery and then radiation. '
Attached Thumbnails
What book are you reading?-amy-1.jpg  

Old 10-02-2015, 04:36 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
I'm catching up on my September books and should be finished with The Scarlet Letter and Bridget Jones's Diary today. Neither one is blowing me away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books