Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2006, 08:25 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

I know I'm slow, but I just started delving into the DaVinci Code! Here in Scranton we tend to get in on crazes a few years after they come out! (The metrosexual craze is still going strong here now even after it's fizzled out in the rest of the country! LOL!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2006, 09:11 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
I didn't know A Clockwork Orange was a book! I saw the movie too, what a whack-a-doodle movie that was, my God.

Don't worry scranton, I'm from Jersey and I only heard the term Metrosexual a year ago. You'll like DaVinci Code. When you're done, read his other one Angels and Demons, I liked that one even better.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I didn't know A Clockwork Orange was a book! I saw the movie too, what a whack-a-doodle movie that was, my God.

Don't worry scranton, I'm from Jersey and I only heard the term Metrosexual a year ago. You'll like DaVinci Code. When you're done, read his other one Angels and Demons, I liked that one even better.
Scranton, I've never read the DaVinci Code, don't feel bad! I did read Angels & Demons. It was OK, but I didn't enjoy the writing enough to read any more of his books and the movie was good enough for me.
I forgot to mention my love of true crime books - anyone else like that genre?

Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo
Don't worry scranton, I'm from Jersey
Pixie, are you from Joisey?

Sorry!!! Couldn't resist!!!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
The last book I read was part of a Junie B. Jones.

I'm trying to work myself up to the big stuff. Anything over 20 pages scares me. LOL!!! No, really. You can tell I have small kids or else I would NOT be reading Junie B. Jones books myself. Now, if I ever get the time to actually read a really good book I have several that I have picked up this summer but not had the time to read. One is "The Expected One". Goes kind of inline w/ the Da Vinci Code.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:10 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,787,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw
You can tell I have small kids or else I would NOT be reading Junie B. Jones books myself.
...chuckling... Suuuure you wouldn't...
Honestly, I am not familiar with Junie B. Jones books, but I LOOOOOOVE Dr Seuss! I have a bunch (though it's been a while since I read them - not more than 2 years though...) & I don't have kids!
I'm 40 I say. 40, hooray! That does not mean that I cannot play!

My faves are One Fish Two Fish, And Fox In Sox. But they're all classic!

Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 AM

795 posts, read 2,298,055 times
Talking tell me a story - no, mo better you read me one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I know that they are other forums for this but I like the people on this forum. The people on the other forums are so annoying and boring.
Now? Well that be Systematic Theology, I looked and looked for the Automatic one but Wayne just did not write that. Song of Songs is good for more that one reading. Believer's Bible Commentary is a heavy one and long of tooth, about 3 pounds and over two thousand three hundred eighty nine pages not counting the supplements.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:29 AM

795 posts, read 2,298,055 times
Talking location - location

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Pixie, are you from Joisey?
What is this about NJ that you have - something to do with your cookies?

Old 09-01-2006, 08:10 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
Quote by momof2dfw: "The last book I read was part of a Junie B. Jones"

Junie B. Jones is awesome!!! I read those to my daughter when she was younger, now she reads them herself. She has the collection. Those books always make me laugh, what a wacky kid June B. is! They remind me of the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary when I was a kid. (I highly recommend the Junie B. Jones collection to anyone with kids, especially daughters).

Dr. Seuss is good too (for kids, elfyum LOL) we have all of those too, but sometimes it gets annoying all that rhyming and the Cat in the Hat can really grate on my nerves....he's a jerk (But I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them sam I am.)

Speaking of kids books, for any of you with children (depending on the ages) I recommend also Amber Brown series, The American Girl collection (they learn a lot about heritage and different cultures) and of course, if you're like me, you will "hand me down" your Nancy Drew and Bobbsey Twin collection, those are always great for those kids who are in between youth and teenagers.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM

954 posts, read 4,376,599 times
How the Irish Saved Civilization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books