U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 AM

8,990 posts, read 4,816,308 times

Advertisements

Ya, Fanny Flag is great EH? That's another book to movie that is really good. Fried green tomatoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 06:40 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,011,426 times
The Stand by Stephen King. I read it over and over. One Second After is also a good read

Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 AM

38,753 posts, read 38,621,700 times
I have my reading list on my website, annotated with 0-3 stars according to how well I liked them.

www.webspawner.com/users/e389 (broken link)

Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM

4,043 posts, read 5,379,998 times
With Harry Potter, the books progress with maturity and complexity as his character ages. If you can zip through the first two, the third is really the start where I really got into the series. I wish the author would write some more books.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:43 PM

20 posts, read 29,562 times
I just finished reading Before I go to sleep by S.J.Watson. It took me about 5 hours to finish reading, I just couldn't put it down.

Here is a summary of it.

"As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I’m still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me. . . ."

Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love—all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may be telling you only half the story.

Welcome to Christine's life.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:39 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,109,282 times
My two recent page-turners were both books that I initially resisted as I didn't think they were "my kind of book":

Unbroken
by Laura Hillenbrand - an amazing true story of a pilot turned POW in WWII. I turned up my nose at it because I don't know anything about planes, don't like war books and... not sure why else. I read it non-stop and loved it.

The Hunger Games - again, I initially rejected these books (actually, I just finished the first one this weekend) because someone said they were the new Twilight and that was a complete turn-off. I thumbed the first three pages and was totally hooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books