Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
+1 I second this.

OP, it's not a novel per se but you may want to check out The Walking Dead comics. It's got over a hundred back-issues which are printed as a series of graphic novels (compendiums) now.
I just got compendium 2 today. I needed a wheelbarrow to get it into the house. LOL. Those books are heavy. I assume it is because of all the ink and the quality paper, not to forget about the number of pages....they don't number them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Check out the "Path Of Survival" series .... You will really like it.
I have read several of David Mauldin's books and have never been disappointed.
So, I looked up the Path of Survival and realized I bought it in August for Boris the Kindle. (yeah, my Kindle has a name. I'm weird).

I have not bought the 2nd in the series yet but will do so tonight. They mention that the ending of the 2nd book has been changed in the last month or two.

I like the kid and I like the sherrif in the first book. Also, the aunt is way cool. Lots of great characters in the book.

Thanks for reminding me about his series. Oh yippee!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ok - not exactly Zombies but not exactly Vampires either ~ I loved The Passage by Justin Cronin and the sequel - The Twelve.

I can't believe that I now find myself reading Zombie books! Gonna try some of the ones I saw listed here.

I loved The Passage. I have The Twelve but for some reason I am afraid I won't like it.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
Speaking of The Walking Dead, I just picked up the second book in the trilogy about the Governor's back story. The first book is called The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor. It was clumsily written, IMHO, but very entertaining. The second book is called The Road to Woodbury. Can't wait to started! Not sure when the 3rd book is supposed to be released.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 AM

I happened upon a good Z Apoc book yesterday and I can't put it down. I do have to say that the grammar is not very good but there are only a few lapses and I just ignore them. For those of you who are pseudo-preppers it is a great read. It's the usual zombie story but the preppers are amazing.

The title is Blue Plague: The Fall by Thomas Watson.

Amazon has it for $2.99 (Kindle) and around $15.00 (paperback).

It is not worth $15.00 but the Kindle deal is good.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 AM

29,447 posts, read 14,628,378 times
I just got done reading the the Apex Trilogy books by Jake Bible. The first one being "Dead Mech"
Not my favorite zombie books but enough to keep me going thru all three of them.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I just got done reading the the Apex Trilogy books by Jake Bible. The first one being "Dead Mech"
Not my favorite zombie books but enough to keep me going thru all three of them.
I just downloaded book one. It does sound different and is not my usual reading fare. I don't care for bots but this one sounds good. Thanks for mentioning it.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I loved The Passage. I have The Twelve but for some reason I am afraid I won't like it.
Well, I think you will 'like' it - it's just that you won't love it. I don't think the author knew what to do with himself when The Passage turned out to be such a bestseller but felt compelled, or pushed by his publisher to continue the book as a series. And when I read it, I thought a lot of it was clearly copied from The Stand, and then I read a local review of the book which made the same point. Again, a likable enough book, but not the book The Passage was, and tons of similarities to The Stand.

I wonder if the author will come to his senses with the third book and let it take as long as it takes for the characters to do their own thing. (I have this vision of a panicked author, drinking, running his fingers through his hair, not bathing for days, in an effort to pound out another bestseller, while fielding 'urgent' calls from his agent.)

To the author - BREATHE. They CAN'T make you hurry it up if you don't let them. You can do it your own way. You'll be FINE.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Well, I think you will 'like' it - it's just that you won't love it. I don't think the author knew what to do with himself when The Passage turned out to be such a bestseller but felt compelled, or pushed by his publisher to continue the book as a series. And when I read it, I thought a lot of it was clearly copied from The Stand, and then I read a local review of the book which made the same point. Again, a likable enough book, but not the book The Passage was, and tons of similarities to The Stand.

I wonder if the author will come to his senses with the third book and let it take as long as it takes for the characters to do their own thing. (I have this vision of a panicked author, drinking, running his fingers through his hair, not bathing for days, in an effort to pound out another bestseller, while fielding 'urgent' calls from his agent.)

To the author - BREATHE. They CAN'T make you hurry it up if you don't let them. You can do it your own way. You'll be FINE.
If it is akin to The Stand then chances are I will like it, Net.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:35 PM

29,447 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I just downloaded book one. It does sound different and is not my usual reading fare. I don't care for bots but this one sounds good. Thanks for mentioning it.
Curious on how you will like it. It was entertaining but not an awesome book like WWZ or any of the Day by Day series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books