Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM

243 posts, read 452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Why is it depressing? I find it helpful...at least you don't have to search around for the book and reviews that people are talking about. I wish more people would do that. I don't buy books but Amazon and Goodreads are a great place to check reviews on books.
I love when people add links because sometimes it's hard to find the books from their post. I've run into misspelled names, missing names, multiple titles, incomplete titles, etc when I search for a book I think is interesting.

I link to Goodreads instead of Amazon simply because that's what I use to keep track of my "to read" books. I can simply click one button and add it to a list, and any one else who uses Goodreads can as well. I prefer their user's reviews too, since Amazon's reviews are not known to be completely unbiased or even real in some cases.

As for Inferno, I can't seem to get through it. I loved A&D and TDC (not so much TLS), but Inferno seems to be same story, different people. It actually reminded me of another book I read years ago called The Cobra Event, which is about bio-terrorism and the race to stop it from devastating the population. Anyway, the latest Dan Brown novel is sitting half read on my bookshelf, waiting to be finished at a time when I'm in between library books. I was going to pick it back up today, but the The Son became available, so yeah....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 03:47 PM

72 posts, read 105,893 times
My Lobotomy by Howard Dully
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Old 09-02-2013, 04:20 PM

74,131 posts, read 1,836,105 times
Like about all of James Patterson's books.
C J Box the Joe Pickett series.
John Sandford Prey series and the Virgil Flowers series.
Lee Child Jack Reacher series
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books