Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 AM

7 posts, read 15,355 times

Advertisements

Hi crazyworld. I haven't had much time to read lately so I'm still getting through Nineteen Minutes. I'm about 2/3 finished. The trial is just beginning and the prosecution has asked Alex to recuse herself. I know there's a big twist with Josie coming. I can feel it. I agree with you that the story is heartbreaking. It's made me think about school shootings in a whole new way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,881 times
Hi people, Im a huge fan of jodi...my sisters keeper had me reeling for days...it made me wonder all sorts of what ifs? its great to finally find people out there who get touched by her books-and books in general-as much as i do!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:28 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acors View Post
Sure, glad to help amberbaby27!
I did hear that they are making it into a movie and that originally it was Dakota Fanning who was casted but she made a very rude comment to a bunch of terminally ill children when the director took her to visit a cancer hospital and in the middle of the visit she said very loudly and audible to all the patients and staff "but i don't want to look like them!" when the director told her that for her role she had to shave her head.
Therefore, now her publicist is trying to do damage control but they've re-cast a different girl. Thank goodness!
Ok so I ended up reading The Pact instead. I think I should have read the others you recomended first. I liked it but did not LOVE it. I don't know why. As far as DF comment she should know better!! Especially being in the acting field. Do you know who the other girl they recasted is? Sorry I haven't been around in a while ha ha I love the recomedations though

Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 900 times
I love her books! She is a great author. Does anyone know if she is releasing any of her books as movies to buy? I know that they are on Lifetime every now and again but i would love to actually buy them.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 PM

983 posts, read 2,541,339 times
my book club chose "change of hearts" couple months ago. I couldn't get into the book as fast as I should and with all the details she addes I started to mix the charachters. Of course I couldn't finish the book on time for our meeting, but I am giving her a second change with Salem Falls. BTW, you can find cheaper books at Costco or Sams Club if you have membership.. Good readings

Old 11-25-2008, 04:01 PM

182 posts, read 647,150 times
I think i have enjoyed 10th circle the most. The comics to go witht he story were awesome. Just read salem falls back to back and found it a bit funny that 2 teenage redhead girls both freak out and cut off their hair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books