Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 01:34 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times

Advertisements

I just ordered calendars for presents and the traditional Playboy calendar ...... is not traditional anymore.

I suppose it is no great surprise to find that the standard Playmate calendar went the way of being non nude like the American version of the magazine. In a way, it makes it sort of ironic for some things are the same as the old calendar where the covers would present only head shots. One had to lift the cover to see what is revealed but with the current year on sale, there is not much more exposed.

There is a large UK calendar out there, nude and out of stock (except on Ebay). But after finding a site that allowed me to see each image, each month appeared to be worst than "over inflated cookie cutter blondes". Far, far too over inflated and in more places than before! Over inflated lips, over inflated .... well, you know.

Then there was another large size calendar, in stock, but.......the photography lacked imagination. There seemed to be no energy in most of the models, and it wasn't worth the $30 they were asking.

Came across a wholesale site, of "your logo here", but was most distressing was that for 2017 being advertised, they were using the 2016 calendar.

As it was, I did find a suitable one to present as a gift...........the German edition to be sent from Japan.

On other fronts, the prices for the SI swimsuit weekly planner are practically insane. $27 before shipping? As it was, I did find a site that was only $17.

Differences in prices, I can understand. Maybe I should have placed my orders on the 26th (I'll check then to see if there is a drop).

The lack of flesh and energy in the calendar market is puzzling, however. I know the US magazine went non nude as an expansion, cost cutting effort, but one would think that the over seas editions would see a market they could exploit, right?

After all, as the saying might go, if you are going to go to the trouble of doing it, why not flaunt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books