U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:38 PM

5,838 posts, read 5,231,784 times

Advertisements

Time to name the new kitten.

She is all grey tiger with the exception of her right rear foot, which looks like a tan boot.

I have on the tip of my mind a fictional character, probably from a children's book, who is hopping along a puddley road wearing only one boot.

That's obviously who I should name my kitten after, but I can't think of either the book of the character's name. Who am I thinking of, does anyone know?

Or are there any other characters wearing only 1 boot or 1 shoe (NOT Cinderella, though!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:16 PM

43 posts, read 8,830 times
This is the only one I could think of:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ister_Magnolia

Mr. Magnolia for a female kitten? ��

Maggie for short?

Old Today, 01:19 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,792,489 times
Tigger?

Christopher Robin appears in Milne's poems and in the two books: Winnie-the-Pooh (1926) and The House at Pooh Corner (1928). In the books he is a young boy and one of Winnie-the-Pooh's best friends. His other friends are Eeyore, Kanga and Roo, Rabbit, Piglet, Owl, and Tigger.

https://hero.fandom.com/wiki/Christopher_Robin

Old Today, 05:58 PM

14,827 posts, read 10,862,435 times
All I can think of is "Puss 'n Boots" or "Puss in Boots." lol Not sure about the one boot or shoe, though.

EDIT: I just did a search and apparently there's a children's book character called Pete the Cat who wears shoes. Again, I don't know anything about just the one shoe.

Old Today, 09:15 PM

3,020 posts, read 6,512,145 times
Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John,
Went to bed with his trousers on;
One shoe off, and the other shoe on,
Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John

How about Dumpling?

Old Today, 10:27 PM

5,838 posts, read 5,231,784 times
Magnolia, Robin and Dumpling are all good name contenders, thanks everyone!

Not who I was thinking of, though. Man, I wish I could remember whoever it was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or