Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times

Advertisements

I saw the movie for the first time on DVD this weekend. I liked RP as Edward ok although I don't think he's all that handsome. I thought he did a fine job of capturing Edward's spirit. I didn't like Kristin at all as Bella. She seemed like a petulant sourpuss rather than the mature, serious, but thoughtful girl in the book. I agree with the other comments about makeup and hair. It just looked bad.

I did like the music and the area was beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 06:26 PM

269 posts, read 1,070,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
I do feel strongly that you are not going to like the movie at all unless you have read and liked the book.
LOL, I didn't read the book -- I'm not about to read the books -- but I loved the movie.

I'm an old man though, I'm not the target audience. I gave the movie a try mostly because I've been crazy about Kristin Stewart ever since I saw her in Speak. And if you've never seen it, give it a try. (Actually I read the novel of Speak also, but the movie was better.)

But I thought the movie version of Twilight was great. The intensity of their connection comes through loud and clear, believe me.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
I love the books and I enjoyed the movie.

Youtube has some trailers for New Moon. Jacob has grown up. Wow!

I'm a wee bit obsessive when it comes to my books. I had the full set and my friends wanted to borrow them. No prob. I just bought another set so I would always have a complete set on hand.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:44 PM

621 posts, read 3,205,788 times
I have read the whole Twilight series and have seen Twilight. I loved Rob P as Edward, but couldn't stand Kristen as Bella. She fit the bill as in looks, but she can't act at all. I completely agree with the previous poster about the blinking...it's ridiculous. Also, her shaking her head constantly. I couldn't take my eyes off the blinking and shaking...lol. Once you notice it it's all you can look at when she's speaking. Overall, I did enjoy the movie. I actually saw the movie first and then read the books. I wanted to learn more about the characters. I didn't think Edward and Bella's connection came through at all in the movie. A lot of people have said Rob and Kristen have this great connection that comes across the screen, but I just didn't see it. I do plan on seeing the next movie though.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:16 AM

283 posts, read 738,365 times
I JUST read the book and saw the movie this weekend after months of being prodded by my Twilight Maniac friend. I really did like the book, even though I am 35 with a preteen daughter who thought the book was boring. Though I understand the time and budget constraints for the movie, I think it did an injustice to the book. And, I am so glad that I wasn't the only one that got distracted by the blinking and shaking Kristen did.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:14 PM

16 posts, read 25,055 times
I only read the first book in the Twilight series and I didn't like at all. Basically Bella was only describing Edward's looks for most of the book. Edward in my opinion was totally bi-polar one minute he tells Bella that she would kill him and the next moment he loves Bella to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books