Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 09:10 PM

41 posts, read 82,396 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what book comes after The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Yes, I just posted the answer on the other thread, but, it is WORLD WITHOUT END, and it is fabulous!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:57 PM

41 posts, read 82,396 times
Default Pillars of the Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Yes, I just posted the answer on the other thread, but, it is WORLD WITHOUT END, and it is fabulous!

Thanks for responding
Eventhough I read people complaining how big and heavy Pillars of the Earth, reguardless, it sounds like a good read...
Can't wait to get started....
It's good to know that there is another book after this one, as I enjoy reading book series

Thank you once again
pattybug

Old 04-21-2009, 05:53 PM

You are welcome pattybug. There can't be a book thats too long for me. I love them. WORLD WITHOUT END is actually a stand alone book. It's really not a series, although it was presented as a sequel to PILLARS OF THE EARTH. I don't know why, but they are both great books.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,451,672 times
World Without End and Pillars of the Earth were both fantastic. I suggest you read them in order, but it isn't technically necessary. Both are fascinating stories full of characters who you will love (and love to hate!)

Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
I read PILLARS OF THE EARTH and loved it. For some reason I didn't get around to reading WORLD WITHOUT END until two weeks ago. I liked it almost as much as Pillars.

Yesterday I was at the local city library and the Lady in front of me was checking out a CD Audio book of WORLD WITHOUT END. I put a reminder in my computer calendar to remind me to check out the audio book of WWE in three months. My reason for that is that my memory is starting to go and in three months I will have forgotten enough of the plot of WWE to listen to the audio and still enjoy it.

One of the advantages of getting older.

GL2

Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I read PILLARS OF THE EARTH and loved it. For some reason I didn't get around to reading WORLD WITHOUT END until two weeks ago. I liked it almost as much as Pillars.

Yesterday I was at the local city library and the Lady in front of me was checking out a CD Audio book of WORLD WITHOUT END. I put a reminder in my computer calendar to remind me to check out the audio book of WWE in three months. My reason for that is that my memory is starting to go and in three months I will have forgotten enough of the plot of WWE to listen to the audio and still enjoy it.

One of the advantages of getting older.

GL2
I hear that!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
The Pillars of the Earth is the best book ever. I can't wait to read "World without End"

Quote:
There can't be a book thats too long for me.
That's the spirit!

Quote:
WORLD WITHOUT END is actually a stand alone book. It's really not a series, although it was presented as a sequel to PILLARS OF THE EARTH. I don't know why, but they are both great books.
The characters are supposedly descendants from Pillars of the Earth's characters.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,130,940 times
I love Pillars, and re-read it regularly. However, I did not care for WWOE. It was formulated. The only thing that made it slightly interesting was the plague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books