Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:36 PM

688 posts, read 2,828,209 times

Advertisements

Hoosier,

I will be looking up this book. I pray right now in the name of Jesus Christ, that through all of this will come healing, wisdom and the peace that only God can provide, and that Hoosier and his sister and entire family will come together and find strength and that Lord they will all draw closer to You during this challenging time and find an even more intimate relationship with You. Thank you Lord, in Jesus' name, Amen.

God Bless You Hoosier!
**BIG MAJOR MONDO HUGS JUST FOR YOU**
LuLu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 10:42 PM

Default God is in control!!!!!!!!

Here, for you:

YouTube - Twila Paris - God is in Control

Quote:
From Hoosier:
I am now working with my sister to get her story out to any medium possible. Plus this is a great instigation for me to write my story and get out what I've been through with my past in homosexuality. Quite a pair we are. We have definitely become closer through this book and I am thankful that God is in control and bringing good out of this situation.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 AM

oh wow! I followed the link you gave me Hoosier and I didn't realize this wasn't posted in the Religion forum! Oops! Oh well, I hope my postings aren't too OT or anything. I guess they really are "relevant" to what I was replying to......I think.....hmmmm....
anyway, I hope you're having a blessed day!

TTYL!
LuLu

Old 06-13-2007, 10:27 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,694,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
oh wow! I followed the link you gave me Hoosier and I didn't realize this wasn't posted in the Religion forum! Oops! Oh well, I hope my postings aren't too OT or anything. I guess they really are "relevant" to what I was replying to......I think.....hmmmm....
anyway, I hope you're having a blessed day!

TTYL!
LuLu

Hey no worries! What you said is fine outside the religion forum...at least IMO. I love that song and Twila is such a wonderful woman!! Thanks for the encouragement. I've put the book down for a few days just to deal with the horrors she went through. I am trying to find opportunities for her to speak at churches, events etc. so she can share her story and hopefully help others who are or have been involved in this terrible situation.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,414,053 times
I have finished the book..Although I was aware that this sort of thing does happen..never, never did I realize that no young lady is safe from this horror! I pray for your sister to finally get some closure by her public outcry and personal experience with this horrific crime, and she will be able to help the family overcome their guilt that they didn't know and couldn't help. I just hope that this book is a huge seller, and awareness gets out.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:37 PM

I just finished the book and am numb from the horrors my sister went through. I cannot even sit down and talk to my wife as it is so difficult for the words to form on my lips. I can share my thoughts here because I am do not have to hear the words, just see them on the screen.

I knew she was a strong woman, but how she endured the extreme abuse heaped upon her at a young age is simply beyond my comprehension. I understand more of who she is and why certain things were said or done when we lived in that place. It was a terrible time for all of us, but none as much as my sister.

If you're planning on reading it ensure you have few interruptions as it's a style of writing that transports you into her life. Even though I know the surroundings and a few of the people she was talking about I was transported back to that time of our lives and saw our family and her circumstances through her eyes.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:50 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,585,063 times
Hoosier_guy, I'm sorry to learn this happened to your family. On the other hand, you must be so proud of your sister. What a strong woman to take a negative event and turn it into something so positive. Her work is important and can help many. She might want to share her book with "The United Way" as this agency funds many outreach centers for women and children. Her book may also be a great teaching tool for other therapists.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,112 times
I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your prayers for my brother, my family and myself. I am the author of the book, and the survivor. It has been a very long road to recovery and writing the book, along with God's love, has helped me to heal.
It is amazing what can happen, do anyone, anywhere. I hope that by revealing my secret, it will help educate others on human trafficking and sexual slavery. It is rampant in our society and we must stop the victimization of innocent women and children.
If you have read my book, I ask that you go on Barnes and Noble or Amazon and write a review. Thank you all for your support!

Old 07-08-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflores View Post
I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your prayers for my brother, my family and myself. I am the author of the book, and the survivor. It has been a very long road to recovery and writing the book, along with God's love, has helped me to heal.
It is amazing what can happen, do anyone, anywhere. I hope that by revealing my secret, it will help educate others on human trafficking and sexual slavery. It is rampant in our society and we must stop the victimization of innocent women and children.
If you have read my book, I ask that you go on Barnes and Noble or Amazon and write a review. Thank you all for your support!
Wow! I know someone here!! Hey sis. Glad to see you on the forum. Your book has definitely made an impact in many lives, including mine...and I lived through those years too, but looking back wow was I blind to so very much. Thank you for your courage to share your story and get out into the public and speak out on this issue. I'm praying for God's protection for you!!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:25 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,834,271 times
That is a horrible story. I cannot even imagine how many other people are enduring or endured the same. It makes me sick...Your sister is a strong woman!!!May God bless her, you and your Family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books