Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 PM

16 posts, read 116,290 times

Advertisements

I am an event planner who does not know Boston at all. I promote new movies that are being released for MGM, Disney, etc...

They asked me to find a location where foot traffic is very heavy (picture times square in manhattan if you know about it), but somewhere outside where people will stop by and take a sample dvd of our movie and take pictures with the celebirites to help promote.

Any help appreciated. I am also goign on vacation there in mid july.

Thanks
D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 05:43 AM

2,440 posts, read 4,836,615 times
Park and Tremont Streets; Winter, Summer, and Washington Streets (a/k/a Downtown Crossing); School and Washington Streets, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market; Hanover St. between Cross and Atlantic Ave., Copley Square, Newbury Street, Charles Street from Beacon to Revere Sts, and maybe Tremont St between Berkeley and Clarendon. Also Harvard Square and surrounding streets, Cambridge. None of these locations have the massive foot traffic of Times Square or Herald or Union Square in NY but they're lively and picturesque.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:02 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,021,288 times
i second all these places. too bad you're not going to be here for 4th of july because that's when it really gets crowded in boston. another time to promote the movie especially if it's a kids movie is during scooper bowl (big ice cream feastival/event held at government center T stop). I think it takes place in july (not sure though). It's a big event.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 PM

16 posts, read 116,290 times
Thank you all for the information! It is a kids movie geared towards mother daughter bonding relationship.

Thanks!
D

Old 06-22-2007, 05:47 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,678 times
Smile Foot Traffic...

Right at South Station or North Station early in the morning during the week. You'll see foot traffic like you wouldn't believe. You think you see it at Times Square? Go to this spot and you'll see people on their way to their jobs in the Financial District. Also, at lunch time go to the area right beyond 60 State Street near Houston's Restaurant at the entrance of Faneuil Hall. A huge amount of foot traffic there, between people on their lunch hour and tourists visiting the whole Quincy Market area. Then afterwards walk down to North Station or South Station again at the end of the day and you'll see even more foot traffic with people heading home. At the other beautiful end of the city in the Back Bay? Stand near the escalator right in Copley Place itself, you'll see foot traffic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston