Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 03:27 PM

3 posts, read 8,216 times

Advertisements

I am so excited to be going to see Cirque du soleil with my son! We will be going to a Sunday 1:00 p.m. performance and I'd like to find a special place for lunch or brunch before the show. Ideally open by 11:00, no later than 11:30

A water view would be super. Seafood, especially clams are his favorite. I'm not familiar with the area but I'd like to be able to walk or take a quick cab ride

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Any of the major hotels in the area will have a decent brunch with seafood.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
The Daily Catch has a location on Fan Pier. Don't think I ever heard of them serving brunch but they are open for early lunch on Sundays.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,190,341 times
As Cantabridgienne said, Daily Catch is an option. I love the setting if you sit on the patio. (right near a waterside walkway called HarborWalk). It's adjacent to Barking Crab with its hard-to-see patio overlooking a segment of water (Fort Point Channel, I think

Legal Test Kitchen (related to Legal Seafood) is not at the water, but near and has a small patio.

Nearby is Atlantic Beer Garden and Whiskey Priest (new) with hidden roofdecks and/or patios. Popular with yuppies on weekend nites. Maybe not ideal for you and your son, but just mentioning it for others.

Legendary Anthony's Pier Four is near the water in that area, but it doesn't seem as popular in recent years Would the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art) next door have a cafe near the water?

Yankee Lobster near the Bank of America Pavillion nearby the Seaport Hotel was just named best clam chowder this weekend during Harborfest. Heard that on WBZ Radio. It's more of a takeout counter with a small patio (if I recall), but off-the-beaten path.

No Name on Fish Pier is no frills, maybe with a water view from certain tables? I don't hear good feedback from some persons in recent years, but loved their chunky fish chowder years ago.

Not sure where Cirque is playing this year...in the Seaport area?

In the North End's waterfront area, Tia's has lobster and such along with a patio, but although very near the water and the pleasant Christopher Columbus Park, not within water view? The nearby Sail Loft and American Joe's Bar and Grille (esp. Joe's!) Have nice patios near the water.

Legal Seafood next to the Aquarium and tourist boats has a small patio near the water...fun spot.

But. Boston lacks waterfront restaurants and/or water views, I feel.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 PM

3 posts, read 8,216 times
Thank you SO much! I'll check out your suggestions and post about brunch and the cirque du soleil performance.

The newest show is called Ovo. It's about bugs! It looks like it will be great for kids. I sure hope so.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:25 AM

3,689 posts, read 7,428,446 times
This is easy, you want to eat at Sam's at the new Louis Boston store on the waterfront right next door to where Cirque is playing.

Brunch menu here: Sam's at Louis Brunch Menu | Sam's at Louis

Old 07-09-2010, 07:48 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,877 times
I went to Sam's @ Louis' last weekend, my friends & I couldn't wait any longer to try this place out. Well, it's absolutely awesome there, we really really enjoyed it. What a fantastic spot for outdoor dining along that Seaport Avenue! It's going to do extremely well in that location, good luck to them!

Here's something to read about it, it's great...

What to Eat at Sam's Place, Bringing Steak Tartare to Fan Pier This Week -- Grub Street Boston

Old 07-09-2010, 09:26 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,891,686 times
Right on the water, right on Fan Pier:

The Barking Crab Restaurant

It is about the best atmosphere you can ask for, in my opinion, and the food is quite good. The website says they open at 11:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: