U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 09:31 PM

26 posts, read 102,328 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'll be heading to Boston this weekend for a little 3-4 day trip. What should we do? Im going to Fenway Friday night but the rest of the time is open. What are the best steak houses in Boston?

How far is it to Cape Cod? Wheres the best place to get New England Lobster?? Whats the best lunch spots? How far is it to drive to Maine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 07:04 AM

660 posts, read 2,418,481 times
Try The Capital Grill on Newbury Street for steak. Delicious!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM

407 posts, read 2,055,236 times
1. Oak Room

138 St James Ave, Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, Boston, MA 02116 · 617-267-5300

User Rating: (Rate It)

My Lists: (Add to My Lists)

Avg. Entrée: $$$$31 - $50
Reservations: Recommended
Dress: BB: Business

Outdoor Dining: None
BACK BAY. The Oak Room, located in the Fairmont Copley Plaza, is considered one of Boston's finest steak houses. The menu boasts a wealth of steak, lamb, and pork entrees, along with an extensive seafood selection. Try delicately fried calamari, zesty crab cakes, or smooth lobster bisque for an appetizer. Then, opt for a thick steak or savory roast chicken for a main course. Finish things off with a slice of Boston crème pie, and your experience will be golden! The rich interior features green, gold, and burgundy fabrics and wood accents.

More Details Map It What's Nearby? User Reviews
2. Grill 23 and Bar

161 Berkeley St, Boston, MA 02116 · 617-542-2255

Dress: FF: Formal

BACK BAY. Grill 23's striking, sophisticated interior features mahogany panels and white tablecloths, and its terrific food demands attention. The menu, which changes weekly, includes delicious New England clam chowder, swordfish, salmon, and lobster. Grill 23 is also famous for its preparation and presentation of beef. The extensive wine list boasts over 900 varieties, including rare Cabernets and Super Tuscans.

3. The Capital Grille

Click here to show all locations.

359 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02115 · 617-928-1400

Dress: B, BCB: Business
BC: Business Casual

BACK BAY. The Capital Grille steakhouse definitely adds more distinction to Newbury Street, and locals are ever so glad it does. Regulars come time and again to order the savory steaks and steaming side dishes. The mouthwatering selections range from prime rib to veal and lamb chops. Nice seafood selection as well—lobster, salmon and shrimp to name a few. The setting of The Capital Grille is relaxing and inviting; the walls are adorned with handcrafted decorations and antiques. Extensive and well selected wine list. Wrap up with one of their many desserts—try the Key lime pie or the crème brûlée.

4. Abe & Louie's

793 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116 · 617-536-6300

BACK BAY. This well-known, Back Bay restaurant corners the market when it comes to tasty steaks served in heaping portions. Generously cut and cooked to perfection, steaks include a succulent porterhouse or a tender filet mignon. Sides are just as abundant and leave no room for complaints. Salads and seafood options are available for vegetarians. The elegant interior is finely appointed with brass, mahogany, and marble accents.

5. Morton's, The Steakhouse

1 Exeter Plaza, Boston, MA 02116 · 617-266-5858

BACK BAY. Morton's, the upscale chain steakhouse, serves a lot more than just American Angus. Masculine decor and classy atmosphere reign, and the friendly waitstaff present dinner selections on a cart of options, knowledgeably explaining each dish. Favorite entrées include blackened swordfish, fresh Maine lobster, and, of course, the 24-ounce porterhouse.

6. Smith & Wollensky

102 Arlington St, Boston, MA 02116 · 617-423-1112

Avg. Entrée: $$$16 - $30

THEATRE DISTRICT. Chef Tindaro Losurdo serves up delightful meats, dry-aged-in-house, and wonderful seafood in this prominent medieval structure. With four floors available for diners, including a mezzanine and banquet hall, this New York-based steakhouse has taken Boston meat lovers by storm since its 2004 opening. The décor is fitting with lots of dark wood and rustic elegance. Try a wine off of their "Great American" list. There are only 650 of them!

7. Ruth's Chris Steak House

45 School St, Old City Hall, Boston, MA 02108 · 617-742-8401

Dress: BCBC: Business Casual

DOWNTOWN. The "Home of Serious Steaks" takes on Beantown's appetite for red meat with characteristic panache, its sizzling steaks tantalizingly topped by dollops of butter. Choice cuts are the only ones served here, so calorie-counters beware! Boston's Ruth's Chris is also known for its great service and extensive wine list. The masculine space, once occupied by legendary Maison Robert, is dressed in stained wood accents and long, elegant drapes. Curley's, the restaurant's fashionable bar area, was named in honor of legendary Boston mayor James Curley.

Click here to make a reservation
8. Plaza III: The Kansas City Steakhouse

101 S Market St, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA 02109 · 617-720-5570

Avg. Entrée: $$$16 - $30

Outdoor Dining:
FINANCIAL DISTRICT. This downtown dining room places a premium on serious steaks. All cuts are ideally aged and are flown in from Kansas City nightly. The signature steak soup gets diners acclimated from the get-go, and main courses include Kansas City strips, T-bones, and prime porterhouses. You'll also find veal, seafood, chicken, lobster, and lamb dishes. Dining in the atrium or on the outdoor patio is available as well, and the place hosts a top-notch Sunday brunch too.

9. Bonfire, A Todd English Steakhouse

50 Park Plaza, Boston Park Plaza Hotel, Boston, MA 02116 · 617-262-3473

THEATRE DISTRICT. This fine restaurant offers a menu of perfectly prepared steaks that boast a South American flair. Options range from lamb chops to porterhouse steaks, along with beef brisket, wood-grilled salmon, and a signature meatloaf. You can also get tacos filled with everything from roast lamb to grilled lobster, duck, or pork and sweet potato. The chic, red-toned interior features polished woods and iron accents, and the bar, frequented by a young, trendy set, can get as hot as the sizzling steaks! Reservations suggested.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:50 PM

26 posts, read 102,328 times
where can I get tix to fenway on friday night?

How tough are the cops on scalpers ?

I had no problem scalping in new york I'm hoping boston is the same.

Also, how far is foxborough? I'd like to see where the Patriots play.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:58 PM

735 posts, read 3,155,794 times
tix: stubhub.com (if you are going to pay, you might as well try for seats you like)

Grill 23 and the Capital Grille are both excellent.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:36 AM

4,948 posts, read 16,054,573 times
from boston cape cod is about 2hrs on a week end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or