U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 02:57 PM

4 posts, read 7,842 times

Advertisements

I live in Greater Boston, and I need help finding out where this mattress came from (see pictures below). This was my old bed that I threw away several months ago, and I haven't been able to sleep as well as I used to ever since.

It's a Twin XL bed, and if you look at the base, it has a flower pattern on a green background, which is the same pattern used for the mattress on top (you just can't see it because my blue bed sheets are covering it).

I bought this bed used from a college student from around here about 3 years ago, so I don't know where she got it from, and I have no way to contact her now to find out. The mattress did have a faded label on it that might have identified the brand or manufacturer, but unfortunately I never paid any attention to it before, so I don't know what it said.

It's also a double-sided, flippable bed, not those non-flippable kind that people are selling nowadays.

I've checked just about every bed company around Greater Boston, and nobody seems to have anything like this (I've checked Sleepy's, Mystic Mattress, Gardner, etc).

If anyone knows where this bed came from and where I can purchase another one like it, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd let me know, so I can get a decent night's sleep again!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 07:05 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,933,305 times
What's with all the stuff on your bed? Why do you have a picture of a bed that you have since thrown out?

Just go to Jordan's, Sleepys, or Bernie & Phyl's and find a new mattress and boxspring set that you like.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Why do you have a picture of a bed that you have since thrown out?
This is actually just a crop from a larger picture of my entire room that I took a couple of weeks before I threw away the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Just go to Jordan's, Sleepys, or Bernie & Phyl's and find a new mattress and boxspring set that you like.
I've actually been to Sleepys (about 3 or 4 times for 3 different mattresses), and a bunch of other places around Greater Boston, and I've spent a lot of money already trying out at least 12 different beds, and they've all given me back pain, some worse than others.

I really just want to be able to sleep as well as I did in my original bed, which I should never have thrown away, that's why I'm trying to find out where to buy another one just like it.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 AM

7,089 posts, read 10,831,983 times
Maybe post those pictures in the House forum and someone there might recognize the pattern/manufacturer?

Old 11-10-2010, 01:09 PM

7,347 posts, read 15,324,434 times
I am a VERY picky person when it comes to my bed. I feel that since I'm spending so much of my life in my bed, it's worth the additional money.

One of the things I've learned is that the mattress is hardly everything. Additions such as pillowtops, featherbeds, foam pads, pillows and even a nice sheet set can turn a bad mattress into a manageable one and a good mattress into a great one.

The bed you bought was probably used significantly. It was probably broken in and worn down. I'm guessing it was relatively soft? Try to add a featherbed ($60 or so from overstock.com) or a mattress pad to the top. Absolutely invest in a nice sheet set. I doubt you'll be able to find the same mattress you used to use, and even if you can find the same model, it won't feel the same.

Also, google search for mattress forums. There are some out there with REAL bed experts. If they can't find your original mattress, they can surely get some info from you and figure out a good alternative.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Irfox, I'll take a look at that featherbed option. I'm still hoping though that someone out there might have an idea of where I can find the kind of bed that I originally had
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or