U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,347 times

Advertisements

My son and I are driving up and will stay at the W Hotel 12/23-12/26/10. We will visit a few college campuses during the days. What can we do for fun that will be open? Any great restaurants for Xmas dinner? Fun shows? What do you suggest?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 04:57 PM

59 posts, read 244,096 times
Boston is a GREAT choice for college! I would recommend visiting fodors and frommers.com for touristy advice. (Without a more specific question, I don't know how to advise you!) Have a blast!

Old 11-23-2010, 11:53 PM

95 posts, read 169,089 times
If you are at all religious and are of the Christian persuasion, I would suggest Christmas Eve service at Trinity Church in Copley Square or any of the old churches such as The Old North Church or The Old South Church. I would definitely check out The Holiday Pops at Symphony Hall Boston Symphony Orchestra with the Tanglewood Festival Chorus (all volunteers!) I went with my daughter and it was a really fun time. Symphony Hall is one of the top 3 halls in the world for acoustics and it's beautiful too! The sing-along at the end of the show of "Let There Be Peace on Earth" was divine. There's the Boston Ballet's "The Nutcracker" at the Opera House (I went a million years ago when it was still at The Wang and it was superb) or "Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring The Rockettes" at the Wang Centre Home - National Tour - Radio City Christmas Spectacular

How about walking around Faneuil Hall and Boston Commons looking at the lights and decorations. Ice Skating on Frog Pond in the Commons can be fun too. You can go to Chowhound and figure out where and what type of food you want to have for lunch/dinner on Christmas Eve/Christmas day.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:14 AM

2,490 posts, read 4,798,389 times
The Museum of Science. New England Aquarium. Go to Harvard Square and walk around.
As for shows, my teens love the Blue Man Group.
This site has the entertainment listings: Boston Phoenix - Local News, Events, Music, Restaurants, Reviews, Arts and Entertainment

As you have a car, you should get out of town. Rockport on the north shore is nice...

Old 11-26-2010, 06:57 PM

3,943 posts, read 3,862,459 times
I would recommend going to the Museum of Fine Arts. They recently made an expansion and it is just 5% smaller than the Louvre. Make sure to bring good footwear though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston