U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 02:56 PM

80 posts, read 225,310 times

Advertisements

Boston area is big on sports right now so what sports radio station do you listen to the most ? 850 WEEI ( WEEI Sports station network ) or 98.5 The Sports Hub ( 98.5 WBZ FM ) ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM

2,229 posts, read 4,376,070 times
I prefer 98.5 but more because I enjoy the Toucher & Rich show in the morning. I get annoyed at too much talk about the Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM

7,336 posts, read 15,298,585 times
I used to listen to WEEI, but as of last summer, I got hooked on 98.5 and listen to that all the time (unless of course I'm listening to the Sox on the radio which is WEEI). I loved Toucher and Rich on WBCN, so I followed them over to 98.5. Obviously I enjoy them still (and their spin on sports radio), but I'm starting to really like Felger and Mazz as well. I REALLY don't care for Scott Zolak. I could do without him. Still, I was annoyed with the WEEI programming (especially the "old guys" in the morning) and find 98.5 to offer superior programming.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 PM

2,049 posts, read 3,460,267 times
I didn't really think I'd need another sports station when The Sports Hub debuted last year on 98.5; after all, WEEI has ruled for years and is quite influential, if not respected.

But I really like the DA show on 98.5 in the evenings. He's well spoken and makes it interesting and fun. Most important, he rarely uses profanity or heavy double entendres. WEEI's Ordway and his gang get quite low-class with sexual innuendos and double entendres. Yes, I think he, his cohosts and callers can use these tools in an entertaining way, but it gets a bit much...a bit too raunchy at decent hours.

I love Michael Felger on 98.5 because he, too, likes hockey and will talk it since the station carries the Bruins broadcasts. I like Tony Massaroti (sp?) teaming up with him, BUT their juvenile antics and vulgar language (they're over 40 y.o.!) irritate me! Enough with "douche, db, douchebag, douchbag dork, a-hole, as**hole, etc." That infuriates me. Have some class! Maybe at 50 y.o., I'm out of the station's demographics already?

The Sunday Boston Globe had a feature yesterday on the battle of the stations and their personalities. I plan to read it soon.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,414,443 times
well for ever and a day all we could get here in Western Mass was WEEI. While i cannot stand the D&C in the morning or the big show in the afternoon i really do like Dale and holley midday and Planet Mikey at night. But now with the HD Radio boom i am able to get 98.5 on a substation of 96.5 WTIC out of Hartford and must say that i am really starting to listen to that channel more and more as the days go by. Not as much yelling and talking over each other,and on WEEI the washed up athletes are overbearing.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:07 AM

409 posts, read 1,147,961 times
98.5 for the mornings def, Toucher and Rich are great, if I listen in the mid-day, 98.5 again Gresh and Zolak. On the commute home I dont bother putting sports radio on though, cant stand anything on WEEI, and I hate Felger so much... Massarotti and the baseball reporter are pretty great though.

All in all Toucher and Rich are perfect for a morning commute... its like Opie and Anthony meets Sports...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or