U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 04:56 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,533,429 times

Advertisements

Did you see what we did to the witches of Salem? How 'bout the British? Hmmm? Don't you know we started the Civil War? Hmmm? And you want to root against the Pats. Hmmm ... alright well maybe we can tolerate that, but you better not ever EVER mention the NY Yankees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,141 times
no but a being a redsox fan would be a good idea if your moving to that area

Old 12-23-2010, 08:41 PM

2,232 posts, read 4,378,933 times
I actually welcome someone who isn't a pats fan even though i am a pats fan. I like having different fans as long as they are respectful. The most annoying thing to me are people who act like a bum when their team loses or just because they are a fan of a certain team.

For example, I don't like when Red Sox fans complain about the Yankees spending money when the Red Sox really can't cry poor.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 PM

5,763 posts, read 13,328,951 times
Um, I won't go into as much detail as I have on some threads, since it's not strictly on topic here, but trying to compare the Sox to that beast in the Bronx when it comes to spending money really doesn't work. It's true that the Sox along with several other clubs make up a second tier of wealth among MLB clubs, and have an edge in fielding contending teams as a result, but no one else tosses around the big bucks to grab the biggest stars like MFY.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:05 AM

4,053 posts, read 4,430,320 times
Unless you're over the age of 60, and were a Giants fan before the Pats existed, you have no excuse. Are you from NY? That's ok. If you're from NE, and root against the Pats, you will mercilessly be made fun of. Root against the Sox? Outloud? LOL... good luck dude.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:00 AM

10,907 posts, read 7,718,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I root against any team that beats the Pats....

will that be a problem when I move to Boston?
Given the Patriots' play over the last 10 years, we typically laugh at people like you.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:36 AM

88 posts, read 203,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lz1982 View Post
Diehard Pats fan here:

I think you'll find it easier to be a non-Pats fan than a non-Red Sox fan. I actually saw a guy wearing a Packers sweatshirt on Sunday.
This is exactly what I was going to say. I would say the NFL has the largest variety of fans in the area. Sure it's definitely Pats country but you find a lot Jets fans, a lot of Giants fans, a lot of Steelers fans, and Colts fans.

You would have a much bigger problem as a fan of anyone but the Red Sox. Bruins fans can be a little rough also.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:02 AM

5,706 posts, read 7,893,808 times
Quote:

No, but rooting against Whitey Bulger would be a problem.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:30 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,326,174 times
Quote:

If you just like another team, shut up, watch the game. You shouldn't have a problem. Another jersey will most likely get some comments but if you go around bashing the Pats which It sounds like what you might do from you previous comment.....Yes you may get a first class ambulance ride to the ER depending on where you do it.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:24 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,533,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
If you just like another team, shut up, watch the game. You shouldn't have a problem. Another jersey will most likely get some comments but if you go around bashing the Pats which It sounds like what you might do from you previous comment.....Yes you may get a first class ambulance ride to the ER depending on where you do it.
I've heard most people in Yankees jerseys don't survive the ambulance ride...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or