U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:40 PM

2,490 posts, read 4,788,118 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't commute very far. I did that for the first half of my first year in business school and it was a major negative. 7 miles from West Roxbury to Alston. It's a two year program and goes by quick. Better to immerse yourself in the school as much as possible.... You can live in the city after graduation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 PM

396 posts, read 769,355 times
Just wanted to give an update. I visited the Boston area last month and it was nice and historic. But it kinda reminded me too much of Chicago and I wanted a change of scenery. There was a bunch of snow too which reminded me of why I want to leave midwest.

Its weird though, the houses are much older than Chicago but rent seems pretty expensive for what you get. The prices were a little better for the Babson area.

I submitted my app anyways just for the heck of it but I am looking at Arizona and California so it has some competition.

I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread (looking at you Ogre). Seamusnh, thanks for the info in the post above, I completely agree with you.

In the very least, this will be a good thread for other people looking at Boston area neighborhoods (there is a wealth of information here).

Thanks again.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:29 AM

5,757 posts, read 13,320,646 times
Good idea to apply anyway, as you have done, despite your misgivings about the area. Babson is a top business college, and you never know what you might decide once you've received decisions from all the schools you've applied to. There's truth to the idea that Boston may not be the best place to be if you're looking for a major change of scenery from Chicago, as they both have that old-city feel, and there are similarities in the weather, but still, smart move, keeping your options open. Best of luck with school and your move to whichever location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or