U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,474,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
The wrong parts of Charlestown can be a bit rough still, namely around the projects off a part of Main St. (across from good addresses) and projects near/on Medford St. & Bunker Hill St. (also very close to good areas).

Parts of Roslindale off Washington St. are near projects and a bit gritty, but not like other urb an U.S. areas; areas of Roslindale a quite nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
Would you guys consider E. Boston a rough section?
I feel that most of Eastie is safe. It's not a rundown ghetto, in most cases, despite a large South American presence. Oftentimes, this group and others live in rundown areas, at least in some urban U.S. areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,908,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well if you were asking me these questions in person while at the same time rolling your eyes at me, I would think that you weren't going to take my opinions seriously. I don't think that anyone likes having someone else roll their eyes at them.
You're always welcome to leave the thread. Otherwise you'll have to put up with the fact, that I'm going to use the icons that I want to. So there!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 5,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well if you were asking me these questions in person while at the same time rolling your eyes at me, I would think that you weren't going to take my opinions seriously. I don't think that anyone likes having someone else roll their eyes at them.
Yes, please, let's stay on topic. This is a question which concerns me as well, since I might be moving to Boston as well. Since I'll be coming from Philadelphia (where crime is a major issue and has a lot of bad neighbourhoods) this is an important topic. Who gives a hoot about emoticons?

Old 03-01-2013, 08:52 PM
miu

16,521 posts, read 33,501,499 times
The use of the rolling eyes emoticon suggested to me that she wasn't asking the question in a sincere and straightforward fashion. It was more like she wanted to know what areas were stereotyped to be dangerous... as in because those neighborhoods had more minorities than white people in them, so were only perceived to be dangerous.. by outsiders.

Anyway, this is a ancient thread and the original poster is long gone. I think that she was finally banned.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:52 PM

606 posts, read 912,489 times
Quote:
Not really. It's one of the poorer neighborhoods but unlike Southie or the North End, Eastie is perpetually an immigrant neighborhood not becoming the domain of one group over time. And immigrants almost always make for less dangerous neighborhoods, contrary to what most might suspect. In general, I feel really safe in Eastie.

Chelsea is a different situation. A little more dangerous, if it were officially apart of the city of Boston it would be the most dangerous neighborhood. But it's small, and your probably not just going to "stumble" into Chelsea.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 AM

24 posts, read 73,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitofEndearment View Post
Not really. It's one of the poorer neighborhoods but unlike Southie or the North End, Eastie is perpetually an immigrant neighborhood not becoming the domain of one group over time. And immigrants almost always make for less dangerous neighborhoods, contrary to what most might suspect. In general, I feel really safe in Eastie.

Chelsea is a different situation. A little more dangerous, if it were officially apart of the city of Boston it would be the most dangerous neighborhood. But it's small, and your probably not just going to "stumble" into Chelsea.
Really? I believe Mattapan is way more dangerous than Chelsea.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,246,599 times
Quote:
Nowadays, it is dicey. Would not advise that you moved there.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genome View Post
Really? I believe Mattapan is way more dangerous than Chelsea.
It is, you are correct!

Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM

630 posts, read 812,145 times
Roxbury! Dorchester is not dangerous at all! South Boston is where you make friends because they're mostly firefighter and police types. It's mainly Irish community and it a working class neighborhoods. You may have some young, misguided white gangs making fool of themselves once in a while but really harmless unless hanging with future Whitey Bulgar types.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
Roxbury! Dorchester is not dangerous at all! South Boston is where you make friends because they're mostly firefighter and police types. It's mainly Irish community and it a working class neighborhoods. You may have some young, misguided white gangs making fool of themselves once in a while but really harmless unless hanging with future Whitey Bulgar types.
You cannot possibly know Dorchester. Dorchester (where I lived in 8 different houses) has always been dangerous around Washington St. and from there on to Blue Hill Ave - and in many other sections.

The safest areas are near Adams Corner and other areas closest to the Southeast Expressway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or