U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2011, 01:30 AM
 
Location: Seattle Area
624 posts, read 1,162,456 times
Reputation: 337

Advertisements

I lived in Revere for 3 yrs. and the 3 summers that I experienced there were hot and humid, in other words perfect for jumping into the Atlantic, Revere always got packed during the summers the only thing is that the water seemed a little dirty. To the OP's question I can tell you that Boston has some real cool people and some good food, the only thing I couldn't stand was the snow because what many people fail to tell you is that all that nice powdery snow on the trees, roofs, and streets turns into hard as rock ice and makes it miserable to traverse in. Honestly guys how many of you like taking the "T" during the winter? Dallas does get ice but not on the level of Boston, one more thing the eastcoast latinas are much prettier than the ones you find in Dallas or the westcoast, loved the Dominican girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 PM
mm4
 
5,712 posts, read 2,954,911 times
Reputation: 1941
Actually Dallas gets a lot more ice precipitate than Boston. It doesn't get as much snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24 PM
 
Location: Dallas
4,625 posts, read 8,530,078 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Actually Dallas gets a lot more ice precipitate than Boston. It doesn't get as much snow.
Uh, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 12:14 AM
 
Location: Dallas
4,625 posts, read 8,530,078 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I've been to Dallas before (a few times). I like it, but certainly wouldn't live there. Not my type of place. Hope you can make it back!
As much as I enjoyed BOS, I'm done, I'll never live there again. I miss things about it. I will visit, but if I ever live in the Northeast again, I'd only live in NYC.

The dealbreaker for BOS for me is the sexual repression. Perhaps this is too much information, but frankly I'm just way to horny to live in BOS. I'll more likely end up back in Miami. You know what they say - some like it hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65BSZrkiA8A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Seattle Area
624 posts, read 1,162,456 times
Reputation: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
As much as I enjoyed BOS, I'm done, I'll never live there again. I miss things about it. I will visit, but if I ever live in the Northeast again, I'd only live in NYC.

The dealbreaker for BOS for me is the sexual repression. Perhaps this is too much information, but frankly I'm just way to horny to live in BOS. I'll more likely end up back in Miami. You know what they say - some like it hot!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65BSZrkiA8A
Sexual repression? Bostonian 08 let me tell you something girls no matter where you're at wether it be Boston,Columbus,Miami, or anywhere else like to party, however there are instances where your comments would be true, for ex. I myself could pass for either Dominican, Puerto Rican and when I arrived in Boston I came to find out that I was just another face in the crowd, so it was a bit harder to meet girls because there was more competition while here in Dallas I stand out of the crowd more due to the lack of PR's and Dominicans. Either way that didn't stop me from meeting girls in BOS, my girlfriend I have now I met in Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 05:42 AM
mm4
 
5,712 posts, read 2,954,911 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Uh, no.
Uh, Boston doesn't get sleet or softball sized hail. Boston gets a little sleet once every twenty years at most. Aside from the flash of early evening coating of freezing rain it got on eastern Route 2 in 1997, the only black slick ice it gets is the stuff that freezes if it's already collected in puddles.

Last edited by mm4; 01-07-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Dallas
4,625 posts, read 8,530,078 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
Sexual repression? Bostonian 08 let me tell you something girls no matter where you're at wether it be Boston,Columbus,Miami, or anywhere else like to party, however there are instances where your comments would be true, for ex. I myself could pass for either Dominican, Puerto Rican and when I arrived in Boston I came to find out that I was just another face in the crowd, so it was a bit harder to meet girls because there was more competition while here in Dallas I stand out of the crowd more due to the lack of PR's and Dominicans. Either way that didn't stop me from meeting girls in BOS, my girlfriend I have now I met in Boston.
So we agree the women Dallas are more accessible?

You explain the reason for this being ...

"when I arrived in Boston I came to find out that I was just another face in the crowd, so it was a bit harder to meet girls because there was more competition while here in Dallas I stand out of the crowd more due to the lack of PR's and Dominicans."

Well maybe that's it or maybe it just has nothing at all to do with any of that and in fact as a whole the real problem is the women of BOS are just grievously sexually repressed. If you ever wondered why this may be, I suggest all you need do is read about Puritanism.

My justification for all this is simply that in my 27 years of travel throughout my adult life I have observed that as soon as I leave New England, things are just on. There is no question about it. There is an undeniable, palpable difference in the air. I actually find NYC less guarded than BOS.

Contrary to what is described in the whole thread about "won't look you in the eyes" and the extensive accompanying lectures, women in DAL do look. They also touch, make comments and well a whole lot more that I won't spell out that never happens in BOS. I'm sure you know what I mean. In MIA, well hell, they just jump on you - that's a whole different world.

Hey, what I say is one man's experience - my contribution to the collective experience - but I also know I'm not the only one who has made this observation. And everyone well knows I love BOS, but no place is w/o issue and that's a known issue there. As they say - it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Dallas
4,625 posts, read 8,530,078 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Uh, Boston doesn't get sleet or softball sized hail. Boston gets a little sleet once every twenty years at most. Aside from the flash of early evening coating of freezing rain it got on eastern Route 2 in 1997, the only black slick ice it gets is the stuff that freezes if it's already collected in puddles.
No I agree with that. But I assure you, Boston has a more continuous sheet of ice that will never occur in Dallas. Ice in Dallas is essentially an issue for just a matter of hours. I have on more than one occasion had the severe displeasure of driving all the way from BOS to PVD on one continuous sheet of ice. There have been and will be many more occasions where Boston has been and will be completely frozen over for days - even weeks on end. If you don't know that, you haven't lived in Boston very long.

Dallas's winter weather is no more comparable to Boston's winter weather than Boston's summer heat is comparable to DFW's. They are just opposite ends of the spectrum. A better comparison is comparing the misery of Boston's winter to the misery of Dallas's summer. They both suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM
mm4
 
5,712 posts, read 2,954,911 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
No I agree with that. But I assure you, Boston has a more continuous sheet of ice that will never occur in Dallas. Ice in Dallas is essentially an issue for just a matter of hours. I have on more than one occasion had the severe displeasure of driving all the way from BOS to PVD on one continuous sheet of ice. There have been and will be many more occasions where Boston has been and will be completely frozen over for days - even weeks on end. If you don't know that, you haven't lived in Boston very long.

Dallas's winter weather is no more comparable to Boston's winter weather than Boston's summer heat is comparable to DFW's. They are just opposite ends of the spectrum. A better comparison is comparing the misery of Boston's winter to the misery of Dallas's summer. They both suck.
Bostonian08, lingering compacted sidewalk snow doesn't = ice. Ice falling out of the sky equals ice.

The 1977 blizzard wasn't just the NE. NE got snow. Dallas/Fort Worth had solid ice on the ground that was 6 inches thick that stayed that way on the street for 3 days. It wasn't compacted snow. It fell from the sky as ice. Those trees completely encased in ice just doesn't happen in Massachusetts.

As for heat. If Boston doesn't have 113 summers, it has dewpoints that are equally oppressive. Was D/FW the first time you saw rain clouds with defined edges? Was it a stom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 10:04 AM
 
158 posts, read 455,878 times
Reputation: 209
I get a kick out of people trying to attribute puritanical ties to modern Boston. Boston is probably more Catholic, per capita, than any city in the country. They had the first Sain Patrick's Day parade here. And whatever traces, from that 400 year old tradition may exist, it doesnt have anything to do with dating. There may be other factors, but puritanism isnt one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top