U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,481,659 times

Advertisements

So Steve Buckley did not follow thru on his interview with Dan Rea on WBZ radio the other night. (I mentioned the interview here days ago).

Dan Rea explained his absence by saying Buckley decided to cancel on advice of some friends, and that he thought it best just to get back to work.

Not sure if there's something to read between the lines here about his cancelling, or if he'll do an interview at another time, maybe in Sports Ilustrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 PM

6,926 posts, read 5,584,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
WBZ 1030 AM's Steve Laveille (sp?) closed his overnight radio broadcast at 4:55 am with some nice words for Buckley (even though both are on competing stations).

Buckley will be on WBZ 1030 AM Monday, Jan. 10, at the 10 pm hour as Dan Rea's guest.

Buckley is a columnist, not just a reporter, so perhaps it's more newsworthy to readers because he gives his opinion, unlike a beat reporter. Perhaps I'd wonder why a beat reporter for a team might do so, though. Plus, when he's on WEEEI radio (unsure how regulalry), he also gives his opinions. Thus, a listener/reader has a relationship of sorts with him over the years.

Hey, openly gay Randy Price, a respected newsman in Boston for many years on different stations, has been profiled on Ch. 7 at home in Maine with his partner cooking during Ch. 7's profiles of their staff at home cooking with family during their brief holiday station promos. I like that. But it bothers me at times that the morning news anchors sometimes get too silly and cutesy with each other and the viewer; I just want the news. However, it's nice, at least for me, to get to know local personalities on another level during non-news segments; we sure get enough tabloid stuff on national celebrities whether wanted or not!

bostonguy, I totally agree with your post!!!! It's too bad in today's world someones sexual preference makes such a bit stink...how many of those athletes are into the "Down Under" thing that we are not aware of. Would this, if exposed to the public make us change our minds of there greatness and making our winning teams the best. Would it disrupt their performance whether on the field, on the court or on the ice.... Would like some feedback on this thought.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:34 AM

132 posts, read 210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
I was all prepared to mention the "locker room" issue, when I realized it was stupid.

After all these years and so many unseemly incidents, why are we still having locker room interviews? Let the players shower and change in private, then come out to a "media room" for interviews. This concept of the locker room interview needs to go away.
Very good question! I thought locker room interviews were not allowed since the 80's, because the athletes didn't want women in their locker rooms, and to be fair, they weren't going to allow male reporters in the pro locker rooms as well. Truthfully, I think this is a stronghold women have enjoyed for years; not because they want to be voyeurs, but because they like the power of stripping a man of his dignity, and what better way is there than to deprive a man of his privacy than when he's getting undressed. You have to ask yourselves this though...why would women be caught up in the technical aspect of mens sports anyway??

Imagine, if this was the other way around? And men were demanding to be in womens locker rooms, and womens locker rooms were open the way a mans locker room is??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or