U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-24-2011, 01:13 AM
 
5,757 posts, read 13,320,646 times
Reputation: 4523

Advertisements

Oh, ye of little faith!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-25-2011, 04:47 PM
 
158 posts, read 455,773 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
Hey when does the 8 months of gorgeous spring and summer weather start? Just kinda wondering when I can put the hose out and all..

About the same time the "six months of winter" ends. If you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. Even so, eigfht months, April to November hasn't even started yet and they are still complaining. But whiners will be whiners.

Even though its only March, I still have my hat, scarf and gloves on. I just finished shoveling my driveway again. Brrrrrrr. Its so cold outside. I keep slipping on all that ice. I just got back home, I'm going to light a fire, drink some cocoa and go sledding later on. April should really be frigid. Boston has gotten one inch of snow this March. One inch!!! Its so horrible, its breaking me down. I just hope I might be able to stop wearing longjohns by May. Here's hoping. Well I have to get back to defrosting my feet and hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Boston, MA USA
261 posts, read 844,144 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukec View Post
About the same time the "six months of winter" ends. If you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. Even so, eigfht months, April to November hasn't even started yet and they are still complaining. But whiners will be whiners.

Even though its only March, I still have my hat, scarf and gloves on. I just finished shoveling my driveway again. Brrrrrrr. Its so cold outside. I keep slipping on all that ice. I just got back home, I'm going to light a fire, drink some cocoa and go sledding later on. April should really be frigid. Boston has gotten one inch of snow this March. One inch!!! Its so horrible, its breaking me down. I just hope I might be able to stop wearing longjohns by May. Here's hoping. Well I have to get back to defrosting my feet and hands.
Hey my hose is out! But I can't find it under the white stuff - is this flower petals from the cherry blossom festival blowing north..? As soon as I do, I will hose the driveway and sidewalk..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 AM
 
Location: a bar
2,545 posts, read 4,853,702 times
Reputation: 2588
Opening Day is next Friday. Hang in there. This is New England after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Boston, MA USA
261 posts, read 844,144 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Opening Day is next Friday. Hang in there. This is New England after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
 
Location: a bar
2,545 posts, read 4,853,702 times
Reputation: 2588
LOL.

I used to work at Fenway as a vendor. April was rough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
 
158 posts, read 455,773 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
Hey my hose is out! But I can't find it under the white stuff - is this flower petals from the cherry blossom festival blowing north..? As soon as I do, I will hose the driveway and sidewalk..
I dont know what do you do.

Saturday - 50 and partly sunny
Sunday - 50 and partly sunny
Monday - 45 and partly sunny
Tuesday - 65 and partly sunny
Wednesday - 50 and partly sunny
Thursday - 49 and partly sunny

Boston, MA weather | Boston.com

I know what people can do!!! They can exagerrate and complain about the one bad day in April. Just like they did about the 1/2 inch of snow Boston got in March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Boston, (Eastie)
28 posts, read 56,421 times
Reputation: 56
I don't get this. I know that I am not the only one who likes having 4 seasons of weather.
I like cold winters, hot humid summers, and the transitions of spring and fall. I'm not a tree huger, but I feel a connection to nature by having all the seasons and their extreme's.

Then again, these places that offer perfect weather (if that really exists), seem to attract the WT of the world. I'll take cold weather any day.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 03:20 PM
 
70 posts, read 226,920 times
Reputation: 75
Boston weather sucks. I'm moving down South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:40 PM
 
34 posts, read 62,391 times
Reputation: 72
Jesus Christ, some of these replies are so typical of sheltered, close minded, and abrasive east coasters. Which is typical of people from Boston. Trust me, everyone I've met from that city (11, not a lot but enough) plus the replies in this thread just concretes my belief that you guys are pr1cks. And yes, the weather there sucks. Quit calling people whiners because they prefer the warmth and sunshine. And its not a matter of "putting on a jacket", for a lot of people the winter has a dampening psychological effect known as S.A.D. The lack of sunlight and depressing gray skies for half a year provokes negative changes in the brain. No wonder you guys are such jerks (and proud of it lol wtf) I think that's also one of the reasons you guys are such crazy sports fans, because you have nothing else going for you. Boston brings down the great image of New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top