U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 06:55 PM

234 posts, read 520,173 times

Advertisements

Add me to the list of women in this thread who stayed in a frat house over the summer. Not in Boston, but still. They're usually empty over the summer- why is it so weird to think that they'd rent out the space? In my case I was working for repertory theatre company that the university had in the summer and everyone was put up in frat houses, but I know people who were not affiliated with the university and renting rooms.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 09:23 AM
jis

1 posts, read 2,486 times
MIT fraternities offer housing to college women. Usually about 1200-1600 for the full Summer. Meals are provided at some places. Check out the IFC page at MIT. It has information for all 20ish houses.
I lived at Sigma Chi last summer. The cheapest, def. the most fun.
Men are not allowed unless they are brothers of that fraternity.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:11 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,574,532 times
Heck I almost joined a frat when PiKA went coed in the 1970s. They are not in Boston. Not all MIT frats are. But still, it looks like the ones that rent out in the summer are mostly in Boston.

Interfraternity Council at MIT

TDC is next to Baker house so that is as close to Mass Ave as you are going to get on the Cambridge side of the river. Good luck!

ETA I see PiKA left the national organization and became an independent living group after I left. You can always ask if they rent space in the summer.
http://pika.mit.edu/index.php?title=Live_With_Us

Old 03-27-2011, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
Hi,

I'm a recent grad of MIT and pretty much all the Frats and Independent Living Groups (pretty much just non-national and non-gender-specific frats) take in boarders during the summer. I recommend WILG on Mass Ave in Cambridge. the house is safe, in reasonably good repair, and closer to restaurants / bars / public transportation than a lot of the other places. Good luck!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,958 times
Default Boston Frat Houses

hay everyone, Im an Irish Student hoping to live over in Boston for the summer, myself and about 4 other girls are interested in living in a fraternity, but im having trouble finding information on the internet? and im wondering does anyone know a website or a certain fraternity that take in J1 people for the summer? any help or information would be much appreciated
Karen, Dublin

Old 11-10-2011, 09:25 AM

157 posts, read 473,495 times
Try contacting the guys here. If they don't have any housing or a plan for summer 2012 yet, you can at least get some preliminary info from them:

Sigma Chi Fraternity, Alpha Theta Chapter at MIT

My Sister lived in one of the fraternities for a summer while she was interning downtown. It was a very nice building, easily nicer than any dorm I ever lived in when in college. I think she even had a parking space (at an extra cost).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston