U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 07:26 AM

163 posts, read 491,685 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for an apartment just for myself that would be near Saugus but also near Boston in case I need to commute once I find a full-time job.

I'd prefer a larger complex rather than an individual renting out their rooms. I've seen some nice places in Quincy but that seems too far from Saugus.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,931,681 times
There are plenty of apartments in Saugus, Lynn, Malden and Revere that would meet your requirements.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:47 AM

Out of the 4 places you listed, which do you think is the safest?

Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 AM

2,545 posts, read 4,859,335 times
Saugus would easily be the safest of those 4.

The only apartment "complex" I can think of in Saugus is the Saugus Commons (Corcoran - Communities), but I believe there is a waiting list to get in. There are other apartments available. They're usually in multi-family houses or in-law apts.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 AM

Those are nice. I'll write them and see what they say, thanks. I did a search last night and didn't see those but saw a place called The Pond or something like that. It doesn't seem like Saugus has many complexes but like you say they probably have a ton of the other types. I just had bad luck renting a small unit from someone individually so I'm thinking having a management company might be better. The landlord I had turned out to be slightly psychotic.

It's funny because I came from Cal to NJ/NY for almost 6 months and now to Boston for maybe a year, and the one thing that's always the hardest is finding an apartment!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 AM

2,545 posts, read 4,859,335 times
Saugus is mostly single family homes. You won't find as many apartments as you'll find in Quincy/Malden/Revere/Lynn etc.

Try Melrose. It's a very nice/safe town west of Saugus and North of Malden. I believe it has a larger stock of rental units than Saugus, and is also closer to public transportation. The one thing Saugus is missing.

Malden near Oakgroove is also a good bet. You'll be at the end of the Orange line.

[edit] I just wanted to add that many times the multi family homes are owned and managed by a property management company. The traditional apartment complex that you may be used to is not that common in the Boston area.

Last edited by Cliff Clavin; 03-17-2011 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the tips. I'll search Melrose now. That seems like the perfect location on a map anyway.

Yeah maybe I could look at the single family homes that are managed professionally. It will be interesting to start looking once I get there this weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or