Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:28 AM

132 posts, read 495,752 times

Advertisements

I think I finally understand Boston after visiting Fenway Park. People seem to want to believe whatever they want and get very threatened when they are challenged by facts or figures. It was a Red Sox vs Yankees game. People were saying nothing but positive things for the Sox players and booing the yankee players. You could not say anything negative about a Sox player, not even that his shirt was dirty after he slid onto base. People here pretty much treat Boston like a giant Sox player. You are just not allowed to say anything negative!

Maybe visiting Fenway should be mandatory for anyone moving here... It is a really nice stadium that feels like you're stepping into the past. There's even a hand operated stats board. The stadium is cozy and you get a great view from just about anywhere in the park.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:40 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwood View Post
I think I finally understand Boston after visiting Fenway Park. People seem to want to believe whatever they want and get very threatened when they are challenged by facts or figures. It was a Red Sox vs Yankees game. People were saying nothing but positive things for the Sox players and booing the yankee players. You could not say anything negative about a Sox player, not even that his shirt was dirty after he slid onto base. People here pretty much treat Boston like a giant Sox player. You are just not allowed to say anything negative!

Maybe visiting Fenway should be mandatory for anyone moving here... It is a really nice stadium that feels like you're stepping into the past. There's even a hand operated stats board. The stadium is cozy and you get a great view from just about anywhere in the park.
What would be the point of visiting Fenway before moving here? And mandatory? People move here, like they do any where, for school, jobs, etc.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times
Quote:
Seriously? I've lived here for most of my life and have yet to go to a game at Fenway. In the 80's, I went to one Celtics exhibition game, but other than that, I've not gone to any professional sporting events. Don't make the mistake of defining Boston by the sporting fans.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:11 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,107,611 times
Quote:
It was a Red Sox vs Yankees game. People were saying nothing but positive things for the Sox players and booing the yankee players. You could not say anything negative about a Sox player, not even that his shirt was dirty after he slid onto base.
Another keen observation. Sox fans cheering the Sox at a Sox vs Yanks game. Who would've thought?

Well done and reped.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
Yeah, in Yankee stadium the fans cheer the away team and boo the Yankees. Boston is so weird!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM

132 posts, read 495,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Yeah, in Yankee stadium the fans cheer the away team and boo the Yankees. Boston is so weird!
Do you guys really have that hard of time reading for context? My point is that Bostonians treat Boston with the same fanatism as a Sox fan. If you say anything negative about Boston anywhere, people will jump down your throat. Boston is defined by the sports fans.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:07 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
I'm not a Bostonian, though I've made this area my home for several years (just like tens of thousands of others in this area). And yet I still find your bitterness tiring. At some point you may need to take a look at yourself and see that you-not the city you live in- might be part of the problem. Continually whining about a poor decision on your part (like getting locked into a two year lease) is your own damn fault, not some black mark against the city of Boston.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
We are better than everyone.
With the exception of sports, maybe.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:33 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBlesstheUSA View Post
This pattern is evident in the Bos-DC corridor.

It doesn't exist in most other parts of the country.

Do they just think they're better than everyone, and that they can walk around and act like that? I don't get it.
Posts like this say everything about the poster. Feeling a tad inferior in Boston are ya?

Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Do you guys really have that hard of time reading for context? My point is that Bostonians treat Boston with the same fanatism as a Sox fan. If you say anything negative about Boston anywhere, people will jump down your throat. Boston is defined by the sports fans.
I've been here since the mid-90s and you think about Boston way more than I do or anyone I know. As with any space on the planet, it has its ups and downs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston