Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,110,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz6675 View Post
Just trying to enlighten some people who may be considering a move to this city and want a lot of opinions. Honestly I wish I would have known about this forum before moving out there.
Understood. However, by resurecting and ranting in several old threads, you maybe over selling your opinions. You now appearing to be trolling.

Just my $.02. If it makes you feel better, have at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 AM

18 posts, read 35,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Understood. However, by resurecting and ranting in several old threads, you maybe over selling your opinions. You now appearing to be trolling.

EDIT: Double post.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post

Well you're reading my posts so I'm doing something right.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,891,070 times
Quote:
Yeah just like everyone handed me my ass when I would walk into bars and tell people how lame Boston is. You tough Bostonians really showed me!
Well let's see. You have already said that you were only here as an undergraduate, meaning you were under age at least most of the time you were here. Or were you just kind of slow and stupid? Having to repeat a few years might have given you more time as a legal drinker. That said, I know from my own experience that being under age is not much of an impediment to getting in to some bars in Boston. I'm sure you went to some college bars, but I doubt very much you went to any real Boston neighborhood bars. And if you did, and actually started mouthing off about Boston, I'm surprised you still have any teeth. So basically, and I'll be direct, either you are a liar, you only went to bars filled with immature punks from out of state, or perhaps you are now particularly well qualified for inserting things in your mouth without leaving bite marks.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Just trying to enlighten some people who may be considering a move to this city and want a lot of opinions. Honestly I wish I would have known about this forum before moving out there.
If you are so happy in L.A., why are you on the internet so much and still venting about your time in Boston? Why not live in the present and enjoy live where you are now?

I really don't understand why those who have moved away feel the need to continually bash Boston. I've visited many places in the US where I would never consider moving to, but I don't go to their regional forums and bad mouth them. I also wouldn't think of visiting a city and sit in a bar bad mouthing the locals to their face. That's just plain rude, mean and stupid.

If you don't like it somewhere, then move and don't look back. Just like interacting with people, no person or place is universally liked or loved. Each persons experience is unique and different depending on their personality, time of life (age, single or not, student or working, state of personal finances) and how they appear to others. If you are young, single w/o kids, and good looking with a decent income, you are naturally going to enjoy life more... anywhere you go, whether it's here in Boston, NYC, Miami or L.A. or Vegas. And the less of those traits you have, the more challenging it will be to have a dream social life.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,702 times
I don't think Boston is the best place in the world so I don't get too bent out of shape when others don't find it to their liking. There are plenty of places I would never want to live for the very reasons the locals may love it.

That said, I find it hilarious that someone judges a place based on the interactions between people on the subway.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,799,902 times
Quote:
Did you not visit Boston prior to coming here for school? The fact that you will use an internet forum as your source of info on a city is pretty shortsighted. There are plenty of people one here who just go off on tangents and say ridiculous things when giving their assessment of a city.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,201 times
I'm from Boston but have lived outside of MA as well.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions...no where is perfect and sure Boston is a great city, but probably not a great city for everyone.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 AM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Who cares about the experiences of someone who was only here for three years while an undergraduate at college? From your posts, I'm guessing that you were snubbed by the "rich" students and that you had problems getting dates from the co-eds and local girls. And since you have complaints about racists in Boston, you are not white. And who in a bar is going to take the rantings and complaints of a punk college kid seriously?

Anyway, I'm sorry that you wasted your college years here. But instead of trying to pick up girls or be best buddies with the rich students, you should have just focused on your academics and getting straight A's.

Again, stay in L.A. and don't come back.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Who cares about the experiences of someone who was only here for three years while an undergraduate at college? From your posts, I'm guessing that you were snubbed by the "rich" students and that you had problems getting dates from the co-eds and local girls. And since you have complaints about racists in Boston, you are not white. And who in a bar is going to take the rantings and complaints of a punk college kid seriously?

Anyway, I'm sorry that you wasted your college years here. But instead of trying to pick up girls or be best buddies with the rich students, you should have just focused on your academics and getting straight A's.

Again, stay in L.A. and don't come back.
I thought you "tough" Bostonians didn't suffer fools easily. I don't know about you but if I really loved where I live and I saw some punk college kid strut into my bar like he owned the place and start badmouthing my culture I'd probably do something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston