Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 PM

2,710 posts, read 6,073,939 times

Advertisements

I've heard both Pedroia and Varitek have units in 1330.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 03:22 PM

116 posts, read 318,665 times
When I lived there, these players also lived there during the season: Pedroia, Papelbon, Jed Lowrie, Jason Bay, George Kataras (sp?), and Ellsbury.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:22 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,633,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4269a View Post
That ad is for 1330 Boylston. I lived there for two years in a unit facing the alley. The area is pretty safe but their was a mugging at the corner of jersey st and Peterborough one night and a rape on Aggassiz road also a few years ago.

Commuting to Northeastern from 1330 is easiest by walking, bike, or car. I guess you could take the 47 bus too, but that isn't very convenient. The walk is about 15 minutes through the Fens. My recommendation: Get an old, used car, register it at 1330 and get your Fenway/Kenmore resident parking sticker from city hall. Many of the streets around Northeastern are Fenway/Kenmore also, so you can drive back and forth when it's raining.

As far as rowdiness goes, it's been 5 years since the Sox won the WS and there hasn't been any craziness since then really. In 2004 and 2007 there was some vandalism in the area.

Don't bother getting Sox season tickets. You can find other 1330 residents selling their tickets at face value frequently. The leasing office also gives tickets away sometimes too. There's also the scalp-free ticket window on Landsdown Street that I always had luck with.

The rooftop pool is the best amenity.
How is living in that particular building? Parking garage ok/jammed? Off hand do you remember the size dogs they allow? Is the management company easy to deal with? Neighborhood got enough to do outside of Redsox games?

I know the area had a fire a couple years ago and lost 4-5 restaurants/shops but they recently re-opened so that should boost the amount of local spots to hangout.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
When I lived there, these players also lived there during the season: Pedroia, Papelbon, Jed Lowrie, Jason Bay, George Kataras (sp?), and Ellsbury.

Papelbon just listed his 3mm apartment on Beacon street....he won't be needing a Boston apartment anymore!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM

116 posts, read 318,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
How is living in that particular building? Parking garage ok/jammed? Off hand do you remember the size dogs they allow? Is the management company easy to deal with? Neighborhood got enough to do outside of Redsox games?

I know the area had a fire a couple years ago and lost 4-5 restaurants/shops but they recently re-opened so that should boost the amount of local spots to hangout.
Living at 1330 was fine. It was an easy commute for me into South Station from the Yawkey stop on the commuter rail. I parked my car on the street because I had a Fenway/Kenmore resident sticker, paying $200+/month to park in the garage is nuts. Parking and traffic in the area before and after Sox games is a hassle typically. I've seen all types of dogs there, big and small. As long as you pay the monthly fee for it, they'll let it slide. The leasing office was fine for the most part, they lost my rent check one month, but otherwise no memorable complaints about them. There's plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance.

They are building two new buildings (a Target and an apartment building) next to and across from 1330 in the near future. The noise from these projects is going to be great when they start at 7 am.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,425,778 times
Quote:

They are building two new buildings (a Target and an apartment building) next to and across from 1330 in the near future. The noise from these projects is going to be great when they start at 7 am.
See, I said that too. Big issue in downtown. Blasting horns, hooting and hollering partiers at night, car alarms, jack hammers - Oy Vey! That is a noisy intersection for sure. Double check that issue. Living OFF the main drag so you can sleep before 230am is something to consider.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Living at 1330 was fine. It was an easy commute for me into South Station from the Yawkey stop on the commuter rail. I parked my car on the street because I had a Fenway/Kenmore resident sticker, paying $200+/month to park in the garage is nuts. Parking and traffic in the area before and after Sox games is a hassle typically. I've seen all types of dogs there, big and small. As long as you pay the monthly fee for it, they'll let it slide. The leasing office was fine for the most part, they lost my rent check one month, but otherwise no memorable complaints about them. There's plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance.

Thanks............new construction will be a noisy hassle for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston