Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:20 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,853,036 times

Advertisements

I came across this, and wanted to post it somewhere.

His name is Franco Garcia if you want to google him.

Family, friends search for missing BC student - Newton, Massachusetts - Newton TAB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 PM

925 posts, read 2,734,528 times
That's so scary. Thanks for posting this.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM

15,818 posts, read 21,331,208 times
Heartbreaking.

My second thought is that this is why you never go to Mary Anne's. Only bad things happen there.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Default Has there been any updates on the Franco Garcia case?

I know there are tons of sad stories out there, but this one really touched me. I think it's watching his mom being interviewed. I hate to think that there will be no resolution. Anyone else following this case?

Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,907,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I know there are tons of sad stories out there, but this one really touched me. I think it's watching his mom being interviewed. I hate to think that there will be no resolution. Anyone else following this case?
I've been following it too. Like you said, there are so many sad stories out there, but this one got to me more than most.

I saw his little brother interviewed early on. He couldn't have been more than 8 or 10 years old. He was crying... which made me cry.

There's something about the pictures of Franco Garcia that have been shown that just makes me feel that this is just some normal kid who got caught up in something very, very abnormal.

Each time I see the story on the news, I feel more and more ill about it. The more time that passes, the less chance that he'll be found, I'm guessing. And that just makes me feel even more ill.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM

Yeah I just hope that the police don't give up. The only thing I keep going back to is that he got in a car with someone. Unless there is something they aren't telling us, he didn't seem suicidal. I also wonder he was walking around with out a jacket. Did he plan on going back to the bar? ANyway, thanks for responding. It's good to know that others feel bad too.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,907,188 times
Quote:
Yeah I just hope that the police don't give up. The only thing I keep going back to is that he got in a car with someone. Unless there is something they aren't telling us, he didn't seem suicidal. I also wonder he was walking around with out a jacket. Did he plan on going back to the bar? ANyway, thanks for responding. It's good to know that others feel bad too.
The detail that freaked me out was the last signal from his cell phone was right near a body of water. That's where the divers were searching, but found nothing.

I don't know the area well at all, so I don't know how far that water is from the bar, but it just felt so ominous.

My heart goes out to that entire family.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM

9,940 posts, read 15,523,609 times
He parked his car near the Chestnut Hill Reservoir, so that could explain the signal.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 PM

4,883 posts, read 13,768,987 times
The last report made public was that he was caught on camera at an ATM a few minutes after last being seen at the bar. The footage showed him walking north once he'd left the ATM - away from the bar along the street which runs perpendicular to the one the bar's located on.

Mary Ann's has had a bad rep for decades, enough that BC students are discouraged from hanging out there. (Which of course makes it all the more tempting.) It's a "bucket of blood" bar where wild brawls are the norm and shady business like drug dealing is far from unusual. But apart from any further useless speculating I doubt that the bar had anything to do with this guy's vanishing.

Some years back, a student from Northeastern also went missing for at least three weeks if not longer. He then turned up in a North Shore (NH Seacoast?) town acting as though nothing had happened. Who knows, that might be the outcome this time too.

A few seconds of video doesn't seem all that significant to me. But the police officer who was quoted in the story acted like it was a juicy lead. This is par for the course in investigations, though. Only so much (if anything) is made public.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,864,867 times
Quote:
The mother's observations touched me as well. Also the fact that he seems to be a good kid, with a bright future if he's still alive, which makes it an especially terrible loss if he's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston