U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM

11 posts, read 18,786 times

Advertisements

I was considering switching to T-Mobile. A few years ago they didn't have the best reputation in Massachusetts, but I know they've been building out there network and are supposedly getting better.

I travel daily from Boston to Shrewsbury and take RT 90. Also I'll often head down 495 from where it meets 90 to Wrentham.

Does anyone here CURRENTLY have T-Mobile and can share their experience. Do you get a lot of dropped or missed calls? No service often?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 AM

11,407 posts, read 16,042,027 times
I have had TMobile in the Boston area (mostly Waltham, Somerville, and Medford) for the past 7 years. Any dead zones I experience tend to be really small - i.e. low lying areas surrounded by hills on the edges of towns. I can't remember the last time I got a dropped call. Even when I'm out in more rural areas, I tend to have service as well as 4G.

Unfortunately, I can't speak to the experience in your neck of the woods. The few times I have been to the Wrentham Outlets, I've had perfect service.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:12 PM

289 posts, read 449,070 times
I had T-Mobile for eleven years; the words "customer loyalty" defined me. But I had an old Samsung, since I had always seen a cell phone as I see a car: something that simply performs a function.

Last month, though, I decided to get a smartphone since my old but goodie was being held together with electrical tape. I started with a Galaxy s4, decided it was too big, swapped it for an iPhone which had so many bugs their own people said to return it, and decided to live with the Galaxy. I had 4G about 20% of the time. Calls made from my house were worse than they'd been with the Samsung--with it, I had to stand on the porch. With the smartphone, I had to drive down to Centre Street. (I live in the West Roxbury area.)

During a number of unscientific polls I was hearing that most people had and were very happy with AT&T. (Several people liked Verizon but their lack-of-customer service is legendary and they're more expensive.)

So sadly, I am not with T-Mobile after all those years, but happily, the AT&T phone works as it should everywhere I've been. Good luck. Big decision.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:32 PM

7,927 posts, read 6,860,681 times
I just switched to T-mobile from Verizon and got an S3 and I gotta say, I like T-mobile waaayyyy better. I've had 0 dropped calls, the call quality is noticably better, and I've had some good customer service too. I spend almost all my time within Boston city limits though, to be fair. Not sure how the coverage is once you leave the city.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:45 PM

289 posts, read 449,070 times
Just a follow-up on terminating my T-Mobile account: Somehow they never received my final check (first time in eight years) and called to tell me my account was being sent to collection. So I paid AGAIN while they are "going to enter the check information into the tracking system." Yeah, right.

TODAY I got a bill for almost $300.00 which included the twice-paid final bill, a current bill fior service during the time I no longer had an account, multiple other "one time costs," and $100 early termination fee, although I was told on multiple occasions by T-Mobile that there would be no early termination fee. (From a carrier that is touting its new "no contract" accounts.) According to the nice but useless customer Rep, I should have written to the main office for forgiveness of the early termination fee that I was told multiple times doesn't exist. Okay, tell me that upfront; and it has to be a PAPER LETTER in this day and age? Yes.

My new feeling abut T-Mobile is that I liked it because everything had gone smoothly with my old phone, but customer service isn't what I thought it was during those eight years. At this point I wouldn't recommend them to **anyone.**

Old 07-06-2013, 09:02 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,337,704 times
Current customer and have very few issues. No more than with any other carrier. Only time I drop calls is when I'm in a known bad area. Plus, WiFi calling is the best thing on the planet! I work in a lot of bldgs with terrible service and thanks to WiFi calling I'm usually the only one with a working phone.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 AM

385 posts, read 1,260,013 times
I have T-Mobile and like it. I am on a family plan so my line only costs $30/month even with the unlimited data.

I live in Quincy and have no problems with dropped calls there. Some rural areas still don't have T-Mobile towers so I can't get service in rural NH, for instance.

Sometimes the 4G wavers a bit, but will come back after a minute or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or