U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:51 PM

4,425 posts, read 3,462,761 times

Advertisements

I do a lot of my shopping at Hannaford on Hancock street in North Quincy, and there are quite a number of single guys shopping there. So is S & S in early evenings. There are lots of young men and women walking around the beach area, Wollaston and N Quincy centers (with many restaurants), biking and getting ice cream. The Assembly is quite crowded, and the China Sports Bar will be open soon. And don't forget the Marina Bay board walk...kind of higher end Jersey shore types if you like that type.The Planet Fitness and Quincy Athletic Club are both overflowing with people, many of them young. I see many Asians, but also quite a number of young white guys too (but not many African Americans or Hispanic Americans...don't know why). Quincy's average is 32, which is quite young for a city of 92,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 05:33 PM

4,082 posts, read 4,573,265 times
You could also look at South Boston. My friend and his partner just bought a loft there. Many gays are moving to Southie, now that the South End has become more gentrified. Gay community gains a larger voice in South Boston - South Boston - Your Town - Boston.com

Old 08-04-2013, 05:29 PM

2,130 posts, read 3,569,189 times
You may wish to check Bay Windows, a weekly, and Rainbow Times (bi-weekly?). They're free in those street newsboxes and at least BW is online.

I think Estate is the place to be on a Thursday night, and does Huse of Blues still have their Saturday night gay night? Paradise near MIT has been there for decades...

Old 08-05-2013, 08:35 PM

23 posts, read 68,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Seems basic 1 BRs now in the West Fenway area are about $1700 w/o a/c or parking.

Hard to believe...

As mentioned above, try Quincy. As I posted yesterday, lots of Asians (mostly Chinese) here. Almost overwhelming. Not sure if there are many gay male Asians, though. It's likely quicker on public transit from Quincy to Park Street than from Brighton, an actual Boston section! And you could find a basic one bedroom for well under $1200.

Sitting here at a Panera in Quincy, two of four tables in front of me have Asians sitting, while a party of three whites just entered (for what it's worth).

I've seen the Fenway park! There's a gay bar near by.
But I didn't go because of the chilling weather.
$1700 1br no ac or parking. It's the NYC standard.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:24 PM

1,867 posts, read 2,009,806 times
Boston has a large gay community, but it is not as lively as it was years ago. Many of the nightclubs have closed down, and the scene here is somewhat quiet. The nightclubs that exist today consist of the bar near Fenway Park you mentioned, Fritz, Club Cafe and the Eagle; for a city this size, that is rather pitiful, apparently the younger crowd seems to be meeting on-line now more than ever. There might be a bar or two in Cambridge, and I know there is one in Randolph. The running joke within the gay community in Boston now, is if you want to go out and party, you should go to Providence, sad but true. Not sure why the scene in this city has quieted down so much. Providence is about a quarter the size of Boston yet has so many clubs.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:03 PM

6,011 posts, read 6,992,353 times
For what it is worth from a girl who likes boys, it seems the gay male population is mostly middle aged men, even downtown. I think the younger crowd is more into road cycling rather than clubbing these days.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:31 AM

4,425 posts, read 3,462,761 times
The Randolph Country Club is like the set to a bad B movie.....but they do play good music!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 AM

238 posts, read 245,928 times
Boston's gay scene has been pulverized due to gentrification and a huge influx of upper middle class white/black yuppie breeders. While South End was formerly a very gay oriented community with a defined gay community, venues, and activities, it has largely been replaced by straight professionals raising children. The gay ghetto has been replaced, in my opinion, by nothing more than a bland suburb housed within an urban setting.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 AM

238 posts, read 245,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
For what it is worth from a girl who likes boys, it seems the gay male population is mostly middle aged men, even downtown. I think the younger crowd is more into road cycling rather than clubbing these days.

Actually I think the younger crowd is less social opting more to smoke dope and text from home rather than go out to a club and meet people in person.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 AM

34,504 posts, read 24,000,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydew View Post
Actually I think the younger crowd is less social opting more to smoke dope and text from home rather than go out to a club and meet people in person.

This is true in lots of places. Online socializing/cruising, and the normalization of being gay and being able to be out in straight clubs/bars, has hurt the scene across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston