U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 723 times

Advertisements

First of all just check how many people especially student every get bother or touch in any way. Check with the police. There is an unwritten hard rule by landlord, neighbor associations and police that if you even touch one of these students all of these groups will go after any lawbreaker. Now that is true. No one stop all crime but there is less likelihood that someone will bother a tenant or student is this area. There are many cameras, Storekeepers , landlord, Community groups all united in looking after tenants and students here. l lived here for 16 year and know this area. But check for yourself, what number of students, tenants or anybody encounters crime. There are like all places incidences of crime.

But I know of two times when the neighbor prevent crime when someone from outside the community tried to come in an steal someone's bike. Both times the bikes did not even get taken from their racks, before someone stopped them. Check the numbers with the local police about students, tenants. Please. Specifically with Hammond and tremont. There is more rumor that facts to back up all of these unsubstantiated fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 10:16 AM

97 posts, read 74,236 times
You are not stuck there. Ask your landlord for permission to sublet the apartment, then have the best writer of all the three roommates post an ad on Craigslist, describing any positive attributes about the apartment. The rental market in Boston is so tight, and so competitive, that you should have renters lining up.

If you are unable to sublet, then pay a fine and break the lease, if the neighborhood truly is dangerous. That's my advice.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:35 AM

32,850 posts, read 22,805,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginty74 View Post
You are not stuck there. Ask your landlord for permission to sublet the apartment, then have the best writer of all the three roommates post an ad on Craigslist, describing any positive attributes about the apartment. The rental market in Boston is so tight, and so competitive, that you should have renters lining up.

If you are unable to sublet, then pay a fine and break the lease, if the neighborhood truly is dangerous. That's my advice.

It's been over two years. I'm betting they've moved.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:26 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,259,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Assuming they MADE IT OUT ALIVE!!

Old 01-28-2016, 05:32 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,474,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
When you see that many responses and views on a "new" post, you just know it's an old post -- at least on the Boston section. Other cities are much busier and could generate many responses quickly, though.

I knew it was an old post before even checking. But a new poster wouldn't know.

I vaguely do remember this thread, though.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:47 PM

3,268 posts, read 2,205,566 times
Default Re

Most of the activity is gang/drug related so as long as you aren't involved in either of those things you should be fine. Walking outside late at night should be avoided.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:53 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,337,704 times
[quote=JacksonPanther;31071850The landlord knows where his place is and never should have rented to you - he took advantage of your lack of knowledge about Boston, and that English is not your first language. I feel no sympathy for the landlord.[/quote]

WOW! So it's the LANDLORD's fault that a tenant made an uninformed decision? What reality do you live in? Their adults, their responsible for their own actions. Stop playing the blame game, that's for children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or