U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
5,945 posts, read 6,763,343 times
Reputation: 4278

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Pipo, fact is very simply Bostonians are not the open and warm sorta folks like in the Magic City. That's bad on one hand, cuz Boston women won't walk into your apt and climb into your bed just because you leave the door open as does indeed happen in MB. However the upside to that is since that won't happen, you won't have to deal with her husband showing up on your doorstep next week when she goes back home and continues the drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
In MIA, girls want to be approached. I'm hot, look at me. In BOS they don't. I'm very nice, but I'm smarter, too busy, and too important. Don't look at me. It's just that simple.
Ummmm, maybe you should read the OPs original post. I think jealous husbands of wayward women have not been a major concern of his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 AM
 
Location: Dallas
4,625 posts, read 8,542,676 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Ummmm, maybe you should read the OPs original post. I think jealous husbands of wayward women have not been a major concern of his.
I see your point but my point is not gender specific. Miami people - gay straight both whatever - they are simply far more social than Bostonians. Nosey, gossipy, curious very horney - rather quite the opposite of the Hub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:13 AM
 
5,032 posts, read 4,846,280 times
Reputation: 11701
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Nosey, gossipy, curious very horney
Sounds like me...well, only the horney part actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Dallas
4,625 posts, read 8,542,676 times
Reputation: 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Sounds like me...well, only the horney part actually.
You should just take a vacation to Costa Rica. If you board a plane now, the nice Latinas down there could have all your problems solved by 11pm tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,265,091 times
Reputation: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
I see your point but my point is not gender specific. Miami people - gay straight both whatever - they are simply far more social than Bostonians. Nosey, gossipy, curious very horney - rather quite the opposite of the Hub.

This is so true about Miami people. It is seriously a different planet down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,265,091 times
Reputation: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipo11 View Post
Hello! I'm a Latino gay male in my upper thirties. I moved to Boston from Miami one and a half year ago.

I really like the fact that 43% Boston's residents (I mean the City of Boston) have a Bachelor's Degree or higher compared to Miami-Dade County with just 26% of its population (US Census Bureau, 2012).

I don't have problems meeting other Latinos. The problem is when I try to make friendship with people from other races because they usually don't go beyond the small talk.

I'm talking about people who have been living in Boston for many years. This leaves me feeling like an alien from Mars.

What is the secret to make friends in Boston?? How can I really connect with others? Thank you!
Most people here went to college here or grew up here. I think making friends through work or school helps. I love Miami and lived there for five years. Were you born in the US or outside of the country? I always felt Boston kind of gave a cold shoulder to people who were obviously born and raised outside of the US, unless you are a tech genius or other type of genius. It will be harder to make friends here than in Miami but the ones you do make will be deeper and more long lasting than the typical Miami buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
 
7 posts, read 7,956 times
Reputation: 15
I've been this city for 3 years, and it's so true that making friend in Boston is really hard, but I am just a high school diploma holder; would it be the reason that I can hardly make friend with Bostonians since most of them are high-intellectual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 03:11 PM
 
5,032 posts, read 4,846,280 times
Reputation: 11701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aafanlynness View Post
I've been this city for 3 years, and it's so true that making friend in Boston is really hard, but I am just a high school diploma holder; would it be the reason that I can hardly make friend with Bostonians since most of them are high-intellectual?
Out of all the 3 yrs you've been here, has any potential friend asked you about the highest level of education you completed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
5,945 posts, read 6,763,343 times
Reputation: 4278
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Out of all the 3 yrs you've been here, has any potential friend asked you about the highest level of education you completed?
Once someone lives in Massachusetts five years, they grow a computer chip in their forehead that can scan EVERYTHING about another person including birthplace, assets and of course most importantly educational background. One just needs to find people who have lived in Massachusetts less than five years to avoid this problem in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Quincy, Mass. (near Boston)
2,052 posts, read 3,469,132 times
Reputation: 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aafanlynness View Post
I've been this city for 3 years, and it's so true that making friend in Boston is really hard, but I am just a high school diploma holder; would it be the reason that I can hardly make friend with Bostonians since most of them are high-intellectual?
Despite Boston's intellect, there seems to be plenty of blue collar folks around. It just may not seem that way until one leaves the campus and downtown/tourst areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top