U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:47 PM

3,313 posts, read 1,849,911 times

Advertisements

Hi! Looking for suggestions for a kid friendly restaurant either near Fenway Park or easy to get to off of The T on the way. I have tried looking online but my situation is a little unique so no luck that way. My son is autistic and any "kids" restaurants will not work. Too much noise or commotion is too distracting for him. Also he is a little of a food snob. He likes pizza (well who doesn't) seafood and is crazy about sashimi. I would like a place that is kid friendly but not a kid's restaurant, if that makes sense.
We will be coming in from North Station and traveling the green line to Fenway for a tour. He has been to Fenway plenty of times but I usually get him crappy pizza because it's easy. This time I figure I will try for better for him. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 05:16 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,866,180 times
Jerry Remy's has a kid's menu, so obviously they're kid friendly. Doubt they have sashimi though.

With that said, I think you'll find most restaurants in the area kid friendly during the day.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Thanks. The problem with Remys is I am a little afraid of the noise level and the kids menu is abysmal. I would love to find a place with quality food for him. I suppose I could always have him order off of the regular menu. But not much there for him either.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:19 PM

6,328 posts, read 9,060,835 times
That's a tough one. The problem is that most of the restaurants right around the park are quite noisy. I was going to suggest the Yardhouse until I read that part of your post. You might have to venture a little further away from Fenway. Maybe Eastern Standard? It's been a while since I've eaten there so I can't remember the noise level but the food is fantastic and they have a raw bar.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM

Thank you. Eastern Standard might work well. The menu would work for him. It's a curse/blessing to have a food snob seven year old. As we would be there off hours hopefully having a child there will not make anyone uncomfortable. He is actually very quiet and well behaved in public, he just gets overwhelmed in loud situations. Thanks again. I have lived and drank in and out of the city my whole life but never with a child. It changes everything.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:51 PM

182 posts, read 232,423 times
Sweet Cheeks

Old 11-13-2013, 08:40 AM

6,328 posts, read 9,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Thank you. Eastern Standard might work well. The menu would work for him. It's a curse/blessing to have a food snob seven year old. As we would be there off hours hopefully having a child there will not make anyone uncomfortable. He is actually very quiet and well behaved in public, he just gets overwhelmed in loud situations. Thanks again. I have lived and drank in and out of the city my whole life but never with a child. It changes everything.
It's kind of a French bistro looking restaurant sort of like Gaslight in the South End or the various Aquitaine locations around Boston. There's white subway tile and dark wood galore. It's definitely a more upscale restaurant than the nearby Uno's, but I wouldn't say it's particularly fancy either. I've never brought my son there, but my personal opinion is that it wouldn't be unreasonable to bring a child into the restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
Sweet Cheeks
I've always wanted to try this place. I hear it's good.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 AM

387 posts, read 734,460 times
How about Pizzeria Uno? It's right in Kenmore on the way to the ballpark. It's also big enough that you might be able to ask for a quiet(er) corner.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:17 AM

4,837 posts, read 9,258,374 times
My kids are also food snobs. They're only 4 and 7, but they've already eaten more sushi and steak than I had in my whole life before they came along. I've been taking my kids to Ruth's Chris since they were infants. The one on School St near the Park Street T would be on the way for you. It has a quiet/spacious atmosphere which is good for well-behaved kids. You may want to order the rare ahi tuna from their appetizer menu for him.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:04 PM

5,680 posts, read 5,027,788 times
Maybe La Verdad for Mexican food?

I think time of day is the big factor here. Eastern Standard is pretty mellow in the late afternoon, but very noisy at night (as many places are).

What about India Quality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston