U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 10:01 AM

7,854 posts, read 6,805,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
True. Food poisoning doesn't process that quickly. Most likely it was a psychosomatic reaction. You were extremely unhappy with your experience in Chinatown and your body anticipated an adverse reaction to the food. That's all it was.

Next time, go with a friend familiar with the restaurants there.
I feel that this explanation accounts for 95% of the "food poisoning" my friends claim to experience at places they just didn't really want to go to in the first place...
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 04:53 PM

7 posts, read 7,161 times
What? Avoid Chinatown? No way!! I'm white, have never felt unwelcome. No, people may not be smiley, but that's true throughout the city. Love Chinatown. You don't find mall Chinese food there, but that's the point.

You have to let go of your preconceived notions and enjoy the diversity.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:58 AM

146 posts, read 151,528 times
Quote:
True. Food poisoning doesn't process that quickly. Most likely it was a psychosomatic reaction. You were extremely unhappy with your experience in Chinatown and your body anticipated an adverse reaction to the food. That's all it was.

Hey guys, if you somehow affiliated with China town business of have friends there, or may be you are a Chinese and you feel insulted (please don't) you don't need to post nonsense here:
I NEVER gave any time-frame when I felt sick, I just said "soon", so please stop giving me your diagnoses here, I'am a grown up man and do know when I got bad food.

NE food standards are generally much lower than California (as most other standards), so everybody have a higher chance to get poisoned here unfortunately. This is especially true when it comes to cheap Chinese places: I have a friend in restaurant business in NJ and he said Chinese are well known to buy the cheapest and thus lowest quality food supplies they can find to be competitive.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,528,280 times
Quote:

Next time, go with a friend familiar with the restaurants there.
My experience with food poisoning is it occurs pretty much as soon as you get done eating. Within minutes to an hour depending on the bug or allergy.

Food poisoning can be anything from mild stool softening to nonstop puking/defecating to death.

As much as I love them, I have definite susceptibility to scallops. My wife got such severe food poisoning in Mexico that she lost 12 pounds. She looked great afterwards tho!

Sometimes I think these kinds of "food poisoning" may not be poisoning at all - but in fact cleansing. I wonder if something if something as natural as seafood actually detoxs us of all the GMO processed crap we ingest otherwise.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:55 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,528,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Boston may not be the best place for Chinese food & Asian culture in general, but it's far from the worst.
Yeah sure. The west coast simply has more Asians and fresher food. California has the best farm fresh produce in America. But yeah, Beantown is by no means the bottom of the heap. Everything seafood based in the Hub whips Dallas in every way. Especially the sushi. But certainly not LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or