U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:27 AM

14 posts, read 24,910 times

Advertisements

Not from Nigera and the language,

Hello, Thanks for your email, I personally own the house, we want our property to be well taken good care of, and they are some rules and regulation in which i do give out to tenant willing to rent my house, so please don't disrespect my order, But if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes this way.

You must keep my house clean including the surrounding, you must know the way in which you use the stove so as to avoid fire outbreak,you must not disturb the neighbor. We decided to rent out the property due to our transfer to (Hampstead NC) on a Missionary Work because, in a church here named World Mission, so we are renting it out since we need someone to take good care of the property on my absent.

Don't be surprise if you find the home with another site and different price, I have plan to rent it through Real estate before, but they are not serious simply because they have a lot of house to lease out, And they added some money to the rent while there commission is not fair. Have this in mind you must know the kind of person that i am, But nevertheless i am giving you this rules because of what corresponded between me and my last tenant.

The keys and documents are with us here in Hampstead NC... So i will need to ship them to you before you can occupy the house, But you can drive by the house anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding, you can also peek through the windows if you don't mind. So let me know if you are still interested so that i can forward you the Rental Questionnaire to fill out...

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher,Fire-pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm,

Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer. Here is the number to text me (678) 509-3987

Number of Bedrooms: 3
Number of Bath: 1.5
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent: $1800
Deposit: $800
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 11:47 AM

10,622 posts, read 11,012,082 times
Saw one a few weeks ago with almost identitcal language. Only that time, it was in the North End asking for like $550/month and the guy had been transfered to Cleveland.

I would tell people to be careful out there, but these seem so obvious to me, it's more just entertaining than dangerous.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:11 PM

145 posts, read 261,359 times
Yep, there's a lot of these scams where the owner claims to be out of town. It's such a waste of time to encounter these over and over.

Any good ways of looking to rent without Craigslist or going through a realtor?

Old 03-21-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss44 View Post
Yep, there's a lot of these scams where the owner claims to be out of town. It's such a waste of time to encounter these over and over.

Any good ways of looking to rent without Craigslist or going through a realtor?
Craigslist is fine. I've found 3 apartments here through CL. All have been decent places with good roommates. Most of these scams aren't even posted on craigslist anyway.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Craigslist is fine. I've found 3 apartments here through CL. All have been decent places with good roommates. Most of these scams aren't even posted on craigslist anyway.
Really, I've found a lot of them:

(You can quit reading once you're convinced.)

Hello, thanks for the response, thank you for your interest in my Apartment, I want a good tenant who is going to take good care of my Apartment while am out of town i am in Ohio now, My Name is Sheila, I am a self employed, I just moved to Ohio last week, I lost my wife in a car accident, Right now i am in Ohio to take care of my children, I need a tenant to move in my place soon and take care of it as if it is his or her own, as the unit is still available for long and short term purpose, I want you to know that the Apartment is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe area and offers secure access. internet, cable, laundry in-suite, storage facilities, heat, water, electric, outdoor space and parking is included in the rent and pet are allowed. So if you are interested please get back to me so i can give you the application to fill

Details:
Available: Now
Pets: YES
Laundry: Available
Rent $800 / All utilities are included..
Deposit $400
Address:350 Third St Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Transit: Kendall/MIT Station

** ***RENTAL APPLICATION FORM****
( Private and Confidential )

1)Your Full Name ?
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ?
3)How old are you ?
4)Are you married ?
5)Occupation ?
6)Current rent payment ?
7)Reason for moving out ?
8)How many people will be living in the Apartment ?
9)The rent fee available now ?
10)How long are you willing to stay ?
11)When do you intend to move in ?
12)Do you have a pet ?
13)Do you smoke ?
14)How many Month or Year Do you want to Stay?
15)Deposit : One or Two month Deposit are required?
16)Occupant Picture?
17)Reference Details?

Get back to me as soon as you fill the application form, I can guarantee you that this is a great Apartment so looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship.
Have a great day

###

Hello,
Thanks for your email. I'm John the owner of the Apartment you are renting.Actually I resided in the apartment with my family for some months and we moved away due to my transfer from my working place, my apartment is still available for rent for $660 per month including the utilities like washer and security,it is furnished.Right now I'm in West Africa for a crusade and i would like you to get in touch with my wife in the United states for more discussion as she is with the keys and the documents to the apartment.Please I want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also I spent a lot on my property,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this apartmpent and I want you to treat it as your own.I want you to keep it tidy all the time so that I will be glad to see it neat when I come for a check up,I do that once in a while.I want to have trust in you as I always stand by my words.Let us know how soon you are willing to move in.Email my wife Mary ,on ( kvmorrowrental@gmail.com ) and she will attend to you better.
ADDRESS TO THE APARTMENT : 1200 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138
Thanks for your interest.

###

ello,

Thanks for your response concerning my property and i want you to know that the property is still available for rent. I want you to know that i am not in the town for now; I am out of town to attend to my other client on my other property in (Columbus, OH, United-State), and it will take me up to 2/3 years to do that.I also want you to know that you will have to fill the application form for me to use it in making the necessary arrangement on the keys and the documents of the property.

The Property Features: Rental Details:
- High Speed Internet Monthly Rent fee is: $850
- In-Suite Laundry Damages fee: $550
- Large in-suite storage Tenant Criteria: Smoking Outside, Pets allowed ....
- Cable

###

Hello,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my Apartment. The Apartment is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Apartment. Myself and my Wife just traveled to Sarasota,FL for a program called SERVING IN MISSION ( http://www.sim.org/index.php/content/our-purpose. We will be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my Apartment for rent to who ever that will take good care of it. My initial plan was to sell the unit but it was not successful because the Realtor raised the price which made it difficult for me to sell before leaving the States so never mind if you see the for sale sign in front of the Apartment, It has already been taken off the market as for sale so there is no need to contact any Realtor. How long do you intend to stay and how soon do you intend to move in?

Rental price: $700 per month and security deposit is $700 (security deposit is refundable). Utilities included in monthly rent

Pets are Welcome.
Below is the address to the Apartment:
This is the address of the Unit(245 W Newton St #3, Boston, MA).

Get back to me so I can forward you the rent questionnaire I would want you to fill out.

Regards.

###

Hello,
Thanks for your interest in my apartment .The apartment is still available for rent and is available for long term/short term lease.i am not in Boston to show you my apartment in person, the reason why my apartment is up for lease is due to i got transferred from my place of work to Ohio, I work as a electrical project engineer and i will be here for long that is why am putting up my apartment for rent.

The apartment is located at: 53 Fulton St #2 Boston, MA

My apartment is available as long as you want it, furnished 1bedroom/1bathroom Single Family apartment ,my apartment is strategically located in a very cool and Lovely environment with many appliances including dish washer with in-suite laundry room and storage space, parking space, professional and mature neighbors ensure peaceful living arrangements. freshly painted, the rent is $500 per month and $500 for security deposit...I will like you to drive by to the apartment today to view the exterior of the apartment for you to know where my apartment is located and get back to me so that I can forward you the full interior pictures for you to have an idea on how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and we can proceed to the next step which is the application process..you can text me here

###

Thanks for your interest in my apartment. I am a Geologist and my work can be quite tedious because it involves mineral researches, I'm easy going and friendly. I like Music and have deep interests in traveling. I respect every religion and love to hang around with people and I am definitely not a trouble maker and very helpful in nature. I am currently in Manila Philippines due to my new research and I will be here for long that is why am looking for a clean and responsible person to live in my apartment. The apartment is located at: 26 Chilton St # 2, Cambridge, MA 02138

Type of apartment: Its a spacious and lovely 1-bedroom apartment with the kitchen well equipped with (Microwave oven, Dish washer, Blender, Cocktail mixer, Sandwich maker and Gas cooker e.t.c), all utilities included such as Cable and Internet e.t.c

Rental fees : $650 Per month including utilities

The rent is made very affordable because I am seriously looking for a clean and reliable person to take care of the apartment. I am not after the money, what I am after is the welfare of my apartment. I will like you to drive by to the address today to view the exterior of the building for you to get a better view of the building and also see what the neighborhood looks like and get back to me so that I can forward you the full interior pictures to you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and we can proceed to the application form.

I look forward to hearing from you

###

Thanks for your message. The apartment will be available for as long as you are willing to rent. My husband and I own the apartment, we both had an accident few months ago, I'm currently disabled and I'm currently on a wheel chair I had to relocate back to our other house in Vinnytsya,Ukraine,that's why the apartment is vacant. Moreover, are you very clean,kind and easygoing?because my husband and I spent a lot on our property, so we want someone who can take care of the apartment. Kindly let me know as soon as possible because we need someone who is reliable to occupy it. • The apartment has the following features below:

• Central heating
• Large living room with wooden floor and dining room table
• Fireplace
• bedroom with full size bed and TV
• Kitchen with dishwasher
• Bathroom with bath, new washer and dryer
• Separate toilet
• Private entrance and hall
• Desktop PC, Internet connection are included,
• Utilities & Parking included.

Pets acceptable. References needed if possible. So, Hope you are okay with the rent per month get back to me asap because we need a tenant urgently. If you are interested.I want you to remember that I'm in Vinnytsya,Ukraine and the keys and documents are here with me, so you will not be able to see inside the apartment, you can only view from the outside. I will send the keys and documents to you via FedEx and you will receive it within 48hrs. I will send keys and documents to your present home address you will provide in the application form.Let me know if you are willing to proceed.View the pictures of the apartment in the attached file.. Write back so I can send you the rent application.

###

Hello ,
My Name is Brown Juan,Thanks for your interest in my apartment .The apartment is still available for rent and is available for long term/short term lease.i am not in Boston to show you my apartment in person, The reason why my apartment is up for lease is due to i got transferred from my place of work to West Africa,I work as a electrical project engineer and i will be here for long that is why am putting up my apartment for rent.

###

Hello ,

My name is Daniel ,thanks for your interest in my unit for rent,i will like you to know that i relocated back to cleveland ohio a months ago that is why i want my apartment for rent.i will like you to know that i want a good tenant who is going to take good care of my unit while am here in cleveland Ohio,as the apartment is still available for long and short term purpose because am going to be in Ohio for 5 years,I want you to know that the unit is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe neighborhood and offers secure access,So if you are interested please get back to me so that I can forward you the application and full interior pictures to you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks like .

###

I've written so many thoughtful responses to apartment ads just to get these.

Last edited by Gauss44; 03-21-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 03-21-2014, 02:28 PM

^ Yeah this is all the same person and it's super easy to see through. If you can't sniff out this kinda stuff, things aren't looking good. You're responding to adds that are too good to be true. $800 at Kendall? $660 at Harvard Square? $650 1 bedroom with all utilities included in Cambridge? This is completely see-through.

But what do I know? I've used CL to find great apartments and great people. But don't listen to me. I obviously don't know anything about it.

You should be reporting these as they come up, btw.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
^ Yeah this is all the same person and it's super easy to see through. If you can't sniff out this kinda stuff, things aren't looking good. You're responding to adds that are too good to be true. $800 at Kendall? $660 at Harvard Square? $650 1 bedroom with all utilities included in Cambridge? This is completely see-through.

But what do I know? I've used CL to find great apartments and great people. But don't listen to me. I obviously don't know anything about it.

You should be reporting these as they come up, btw.
I just learned how to report Craigslist scams too!

HOW TO REPORT CRAIGSLIST SCAMS:

1. Click on "Help" at the very bottom of the main page: craigslist: boston classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

2. Then, click "Contact Us" under General Help

3. Then, you're taken to this form where you can select "Report Spam or Scam"

Perfect!

Previously, I only knew about flagging ads which doesn't give you the option of saying why it's flagged, and probably doesn't work to report scams.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:35 PM

544 posts, read 1,290,358 times
I will gladly rent you a bridge that spans the Charles River. You can put toll booths on it and make alot of money. Please send me $178,458.99 via my bank account and it is all yours

Old 04-10-2015, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 7,093 times
Default Room rental scam??

Loading jackie20034@netzero.net

Does this email look familiar to anyone. I am renting rooms out and this individual replied, I keep getting different stories and on top of that she sent provocative pics. I googled the name and its an actor.

Search Web

Home

Mail

Address Book

[CENTER]Loading ... [/CENTER]
| | |

|

Help

|

Check Mail

Compose New:
Email
Video Mail
Video Chat

Search

Inbox (999+)

Draft (0)

Sent (2)

Trash (3)
Empty

Junk Mail (0)
Empty

My Folders

Add
__tempFolder__

General
Personal Info
Junk Mail

Invite a friend to join

Enter email address:
Preview Invite

[CENTER]Send [/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[RIGHT] °F edit | [/RIGHT]

Delete

Junk

Prit

Mark

Move

Re: New Email Subject

Back to Messages

View Contact

Add to Contacts | Invite Sender | Block Sender

Full Header

Reply To:

Cc:
Bcc:
Sent: Fri, Apr 10, 2015 09:48 AM

Download All | 150107_40191076990... (24KB)

Thanks for getting back to me. My dad have send the payment out to the address you provide and it will get to you next week. Regards my car, i am planning on having it delivered to the house before my arrival so that i can settle in comfortably you can understand that transiting cross Atlantic is not easy so i am making arrangement with the car dealer to deliver the car before my arrival after the rent and security deposit has been paid to you by my Dad. I will ask you for a favor here,can i rely on you to take delivery of the car for me when its delivered.I will instruct the car dealer to contact you to schedule a delivery time that will be convenient for you to receive the car for me .As you will be handling the delivery of the car with the rent and deposit to be sent to you so that you can help me handle the delivery payment for the car...the delivery payment has been included with theCheck coming to you.I will really appreciate if you can do this for me and promiseto compensate you adequately for your time and efforts on my arrival in your place..Hope to read back from you soon..

Thanks.

Total: 1 Image(s) |

View Slideshow

Download Selected

Download All

150107_40191076990...
(24KB)

My NetZero|
My Account|
Our Services|
Advertisers|
Privacy Policy|
About Ads|
Terms of Service|
Your Privacy Rights|
Help|
[SIZE=2]New![/SIZE]Account Activity Details

United Online
Classmates|
MyPoints|
NetZero|
Juno|
MySite

© 1998 - 2015 NetZero, Inc. NetZero is a registered trademark, and the NetZero logo is a trademark of NetZero, Inc.

Re: New Email Subject

popUpBlockerLink

[CENTER]Loading...[/CENTER]
Sign in to a different email account

Member ID

Password

Forgot your ID or Password?

GO

Google Search Now on

Find what you want in fewer clicks.

Easy
- Fewer clicks to get your search results

Convenient
- Built-in search boxes directly on

Fast
- Search results optimized for your Internet experience

close

Chat Request - ICI1

ICI2 would like to chat

Reply to Sender

Old 04-10-2015, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,093 times
Default Room rental scam??

Thanks for getting back to me. My dad have send the payment out to the address you provide and it will get to you next week. Regards my car, i am planning on having it delivered to the house before my arrival so that i can settle in comfortably you can understand that transiting cross Atlantic is not easy so i am making arrangement with the car dealer to deliver the car before my arrival after the rent and security deposit has been paid to you by my Dad. I will ask you for a favor here,can i rely on you to take delivery of the car for me when its delivered.I will instruct the car dealer to contact you to schedule a delivery time that will be convenient for you to receive the car for me .As you will be handling the delivery of the car with the rent and deposit to be sent to you so that you can help me handle the delivery payment for the car...the delivery payment has been included with theCheck coming to you.I will really appreciate if you can do this for me and promiseto compensate you adequately for your time and efforts on my arrival in your place..Hope to read back from you soon..

Thanks.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, after reading some of the posts I believe that my gut feeling is that it is a scam. If anyone else recognizes this persons mo please let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston