Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,808,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
Interesting... are the parking meter more than 2 hours? Finding parking near there easy? Also, for people living in the suburb, I do not think driving to the lechmere station is much easier. is it?

Here's a better site for parking rates...

Boston Parking Garage Rates - Compare Daily/Monthly Prices - All Lots
You can also park at Riverside or Woodland T for a flat rate the whole day. The rest of the T stops in Newton have smaller parking lots w/meter parking for 25 cents per hour, 12 hours max which is actually cheaper than the flat rate for the whole day. I do that on Saturdays, but I usually just drive into Boston on Sundays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 08:39 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,485,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
You can also park at Riverside or Woodland T for a flat rate the whole day. The rest of the T stops in Newton have smaller parking lots w/meter parking for 25 cents per hour, 12 hours max which is actually cheaper than the flat rate for the whole day. I do that on Saturdays, but I usually just drive into Boston on Sundays.
Yes.. But i recall Riverside station to Government Center on the green line is about 40+ minutes. Then another 40+minutes coming out. Whereas I can drive in for 20 minutes.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:58 PM

68 posts, read 398,110 times
Quote:
Interesting... are the parking meter more than 2 hours? Finding parking near there easy? Also, for people living in the suburb, I do not think driving to the lechmere station is much easier. is it?

I don't live in the suburbs, and I'm glad of it. In fact, I haven't lived in the suburbs for over thirty years. I make it a point to get to the metered areas [Bby or before[/b] six p. m., when the meters near the Lechmere MBTA station are no longer affective. However, during the day, I [b]wallk/B] the 10-15 minute walk from my house to Lechmere MBTA station, and, in the very good weather, I ride my bicycle.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:59 PM

68 posts, read 398,110 times
Quote:

I don't live in the suburbs, and I'm glad of it. In fact, I haven't lived in the suburbs for over thirty years. I make it a point to get to the metered areas by or before six p. m., when the meters near the Lechmere MBTA station are no longer affective. However, during the day, I walk the 10-15 minute walk from my house to Lechmere MBTA station, and, in the very good weather, I ride my bicycle.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 14,577 times
Just a little History on the Subject. Boston, Ma. was the first city in the country to undergo a "Parking Freeze", which was initiated by the EPA. This meant for air quality control reasons the city was not allowed to create new parking facilities. The parking problem was then compounded when the city ran into financial troubles in the 80's. They sold nearly all of their public parking garages to private companies, which is why the garage prices are so high. A service has been created to combat this problem, Rent out or find a Parking Space, Garage or Driveway with ParkatmyHouse.com . Rent out or find a Parking Space, Garage or Driveway with ParkatmyHouse.com[/url]. This website allows you to rent residents driveways, for much less then what the private garages charge. Hope this helps, and good luck on your search for those elusive cheap parking spots.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM

270 posts, read 1,360,866 times
Surface Parking at Seaport District....you can hop on the Silver Line!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 40,517 times
Hello, I found cheap monthly parking on http://www.parkinghunter.com

good luck!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 PM

1,810 posts, read 10,485,155 times
Thanks. Good site to look for non-garage monthly rental.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 13,323 times
Smile Pru is the deal

Park at the Pru after 5:00 pm, get validated by Legals at pru and you pay nothing at all.. great for the newbury area....

Last edited by castark28; 07-31-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM

120 posts, read 481,984 times
There's a lot off 'A' Street in Southie that you can park all day, any day for $10 (at least as of 2007)...five minute walk to the Financial District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston