Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM

243 posts, read 264,455 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Have any of you used the Marino Center in Cambridge, MA for your primary care physicians? What were your experiences? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 09:09 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,239,528 times
Pretty good place. Many interesting people there. Trying to do right by their patients. In general they are your regular (and pretty good) variety of conventionally trained doctors that are keen on being more holistic. They have excellent chiropractor and acupuncturist. Also offer all sorts of education and small group workshops.

There is also Marino splinter group organized as Vision Health Center, that managed to lure some of the older Marino's doctors away. But, overall they are still pretty good. Hope it helps.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingeorge View Post
Pretty good place. Many interesting people there. Trying to do right by their patients. In general they are your regular (and pretty good) variety of conventionally trained doctors that are keen on being more holistic. They have excellent chiropractor and acupuncturist. Also offer all sorts of education and small group workshops.

There is also Marino splinter group organized as Vision Health Center, that managed to lure some of the older Marino's doctors away. But, overall they are still pretty good. Hope it helps.
Hi kingeorge,
That is a really helpful answer. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2014, 12:34 PM

404 posts, read 826,583 times
The Wellesley Marino Center just got bought last year by whomever (TriHealth?) and eliminated the complimentary care specialties like gyno, endocrine, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage etc. which has just made them a generic PCP practice.

This may or may not have happened to the Cambridge center. If it has there is no reason go there over somewhere more convenient and actually T accessible. Parking at the cambridge one is always hard.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFresh99 View Post
The Wellesley Marino Center just got bought last year by whomever (TriHealth?) and eliminated the complimentary care specialties like gyno, endocrine, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage etc. which has just made them a generic PCP practice.

This may or may not have happened to the Cambridge center. If it has there is no reason go there over somewhere more convenient and actually T accessible. Parking at the cambridge one is always hard.

Interesting. I did not know that Wellesley was sold.

I should probably add that times in Marino might be changing and it might be very different place than a decade ago. I took time to go through some recent reviews on Y and seems that some people are not very happy with services there. My family member experiences were very good so I have nothing bad to say.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:08 PM

Hi Kingeorge and SoFresh99,
Thanks so much your replies. Your answers are exactly what I need.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:20 AM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingeorge View Post
I took time to go through some recent reviews on Y and seems that some people are not very happy with services there.
In general I'd be weary of those. There is a huge divide in health care these days, and certain factions out there see more integrative approaches (like this place) as a threat to their bottom lines and egos.

I'd want to know first hand from patients themselves.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
In general I'd be weary of those. There is a huge divide in health care these days, and certain factions out there see more integrative approaches (like this place) as a threat to their bottom lines and egos.

I'd want to know first hand from patients themselves.

You are right. First hand experiences were very positive. But, it surprised me how much time some people spent complaining. Also parking was always pretty easy, so I have no complaints. Walk from Davis Sq. was under 10 minutes.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:57 AM

Hi Massnative and Kingeorge,
Thanks again. Integrative medicine really upsets some folks. It has helped me where traditional medicine failed. Thus, I wish to find a good integrative PCP. The only thing I am not liking about Marino us their affiliation with Mt. Auburn Hospital. My preference is always to work with a high powered big city teaching hospital that does a lot of research like Brigham.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:35 AM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklineBiker View Post
Hi Massnative and Kingeorge,
Thanks again. Integrative medicine really upsets some folks. It has helped me where traditional medicine failed. Thus, I wish to find a good integrative PCP. The only thing I am not liking about Marino us their affiliation with Mt. Auburn Hospital. My preference is always to work with a high powered big city teaching hospital that does a lot of research like Brigham.
Always thought Mt. Auburn was a good hospital?

As a general rule I would avoid anybody affiliated with Partners, Fallon or the like. Bad news there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston