Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 07:06 PM

122 posts, read 167,745 times

Advertisements

Newton is great if you can afford it. Also very few Indians. But many doctors. Anyway, in Quincy there a number of apartment complexes with very high Indian populations, especially near the Walmart, near Quincy Ave & Southern Artery. There is even an Indian grocery store further up Quincy Ave. Here's a few places I can think of: Presidential Estates, Faxon Commons, The Falls, 5 Hundred Falls, Highlands at Faxon Woods, and The Atrium at Faxon Woods. Also, Quincy Towers. Right on the Burlington-Woburn line there are a few places that are overwhelmingly Indian. We've been to these 3 places over 20 times total. There is Beacon Village, Kimball Court Apartments, and the Kimball Towers. Right next door on Westgate Drive there are like 20 apartment buildings with mostly Indians. The Hamilton Company does the renting. That's a start at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 02:38 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbosma View Post
Newton is great if you can afford it. Also very few Indians. But many doctors. Anyway, in Quincy there a number of apartment complexes with very high Indian populations, especially near the Walmart, near Quincy Ave & Southern Artery. There is even an Indian grocery store further up Quincy Ave. Here's a few places I can think of: Presidential Estates, Faxon Commons, The Falls, 5 Hundred Falls, Highlands at Faxon Woods, and The Atrium at Faxon Woods. Also, Quincy Towers. Right on the Burlington-Woburn line there are a few places that are overwhelmingly Indian. We've been to these 3 places over 20 times total. There is Beacon Village, Kimball Court Apartments, and the Kimball Towers. Right next door on Westgate Drive there are like 20 apartment buildings with mostly Indians. The Hamilton Company does the renting. That's a start at least.
What's the traffic like from Quincy? I'd imagine it would be rough, but don't have much experience. Certainly 93 would be a parking lot, but maybe there are faster back roads.

If you can't afford Newton I'd recommend looking at Waltham. Schools aren't as good as Newton, but the drive wont be too much worse. I don't know how big the Indian community is, but there are at least two Indian grocery stores.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:36 PM

122 posts, read 167,745 times
Default Quincy Traffic

Trying to get back and forth to Boston via the Expressway at rush hour is a nightmare. I would not recommend it for beginners. There really are no good alternative routes, but at least there is a rapid transit train with 4 stations in Quincy. But which station and how to get there are the tough questions, depending on where you actually live. There are buses from most parts of Quincy or you can drive and park there. Waltham does have a decent sized Indian Community. It's definitively in the top 10 for our Indian clients. The Gardencrest Apartments on Middlesex Circle is very popular as is Windsor Village at Waltham on Stearns Hill Road, a huge complex in North Waltham. Next door in Watertown there are more places we have been many times, Hamilton on Main and the Whitney Towers. In Medford, Mystic Place Apartments has many Indians.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:44 AM

344 posts, read 335,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
What's the traffic like from Quincy? I'd imagine it would be rough, but don't have much experience. Certainly 93 would be a parking lot, but maybe there are faster back roads.

If you can't afford Newton I'd recommend looking at Waltham. Schools aren't as good as Newton, but the drive wont be too much worse. I don't know how big the Indian community is, but there are at least two Indian grocery stores.

Honestly I think getting to and from the expressway is often worse than the expressway itself. 30ish minutes on the expressway isn't the end of the world, it's the 30 minutes to go 2 miles in the city that's the hard part.

The problem with backroads are that there are only a few viable routes and only to some areas of the city. You can go up through East Milton Square/Dot/Mattapan to get to JP , Brookline, and Longwood. Other than that, you're stuck at the Neponset Bridge, which is god awful in the morning (except in the summer, when there aren't as many Umass kids).

Old 04-18-2016, 03:45 PM

30 posts, read 59,910 times
Thank you all for the suggestions. Additionally, im also looking for an apartment complex with the following features: washer and dryer in the apartment unit, controlled access (gated) and parking. So still kind of searching as I also need a good public elementary school for my 4 year old.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:45 PM

Need suggestions on Arlington and Lexington. anyone?

Old 04-18-2016, 05:53 PM

596 posts, read 818,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youzee View Post
Thank you all for the suggestions. Additionally, im also looking for an apartment complex with the following features: washer and dryer in the apartment unit, controlled access (gated) and parking. So still kind of searching as I also need a good public elementary school for my 4 year old.
Don't think you need gated in Lexington. Probably not in Arlington either. As far as I can tell gated communities aren't all that common here.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:33 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,958 times
Quote:
If you're willing to stretch your budget you could look at Avalon in Lexington. Not super convenient to HMS but you will get into Lexington schools. You will not find many gated communities in this area. That is a GOOD thing.

You could also look at the Captain Parker Arms in Lexington. More on budget but a little older and maybe no washer/dryer in unit.

If I were in your position I would also look at private rentals. You might be able to find something in Arlington/Belmot/Lexington that works for you and isn't in a complex. All three towns are really safe and you will generally pay less than in the large, centrally managed apartment complexes. It's a little tougher initially, but having lived in both the complex and in a private rental I really would recommend the latter.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:36 PM

Are there any apartment complexes in Belmont?

Old 04-19-2016, 10:03 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,231,987 times
Quote:
Are there any apartment complexes in Belmont?
There is a new apartment complex called The Residents at Acorn Park that is opening this summer. Might be a stretch for your price range though. I would also recommend looking through craigslist or contacting a realtor to find a smaller apartment building in Belmont. There should be some options in the Waverly Square area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston