Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:53 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,693,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Yes why?
Plenty of homeless in those neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 09:05 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,319,612 times
Default Re

If it were me id go somewhere warmer

Old 01-20-2017, 11:30 PM

21,626 posts, read 12,710,234 times
Quote:
He only cares about minorities in Dorchester, roxbury, hyde park and mattapan. Does not give a sh#t about anyone else.
No he just cares about them, unlike certain other people in this city. Because he is black and has an interest in the well being of ALL Bostonians and not just condo developers and buyers and the Irish he must be a race baiter. Any. Lack person who mentions inequality is a race baiter in 2017, give me a break. Because he is black he's going to be called a lightweight or a buffoon. Clearly no less intelligent or capable than Walsh but will be mocked and ridiculed simply because he's Black.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:44 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,062,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
No he just cares about them, unlike certain other people in this city. Because he is black and has an interest in the well being of ALL Bostonians and not just condo developers and buyers and the Irish he must be a race baiter. Any. Lack person who mentions inequality is a race baiter in 2017, give me a break. Because he is black he's going to be called a lightweight or a buffoon. Clearly no less intelligent or capable than Walsh but will be mocked and ridiculed simply because he's Black.
He's being mocked and ridiculed because he wants to send monthly checks to every gangbanger in the city and hang every cop from the nearest lamp post, not because he's black. Heck, given his extreme anti-cop attitude I wouldn't be surprised if he's in cahoots with local gangs, promising to take pressure off them in exchange for a nice big bag of drug money. How else would you explain such deep-rooted hatred for police from a politician whose district streets run with blood that was most definitely not drawn by police?

Old 01-21-2017, 06:59 AM

Default Re

Yeah his hatred towards police is ridiculous. You just cant have that attitude as mayor.

No idea if it's possible for anyone to do anything about the cost of housing in boston at this point anyways.

And since when has anyone cared about the irish?

Old 01-22-2017, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,853 times
Why is it that when white politicians address the needs of white people even at the detriment of the black people they serve it is not race baiting or race politics? Yet when a black politician who tries to address those injustice is said to play racial politics.

The needs of the most marginalized people rarely align with those whose only goal is to make insane profits (the rich and powerful).

Old 01-23-2017, 10:34 AM

When is the last time a white politician addressed only the issues of white people?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:35 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,693,252 times
Quote:
When is the last time a white politician addressed only the issues of white people?
David Duke in Louisiana probably.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:05 AM

6,804 posts, read 6,025,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I would've repped you, but C-D said I had to "spread it around more" (I don't really know what that means).

I don't believe that Walsh has been an ideal mayor, and it would be nice to end the "once mayor of Boston, always mayor of Boston" tradition that has been going on for awhile. Furthermore, while I'm against voting for someone solely based on ethnicity, it would be a nice change of pace to have a mayor who isn't Italian or Irish.

I'll be watching Tito's candidacy closely.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:13 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,430,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
I would've repped you, but C-D said I had to "spread it around more" (I don't really know what that means).

I don't believe that Walsh has been an ideal mayor, and it would be nice to end the "once mayor of Boston, always mayor of Boston" tradition that has been going on for awhile. Furthermore, while I'm against voting for someone solely based on ethnicity, it would be a nice change of pace to have a mayor who isn't Italian or Irish.

I'll be watching Tito's candidacy closely.
Ethnicity doesn't really matter. I'll take any mayor if they actually removed city government from controlling citizens' every action.

Walsh is terrible by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston