U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:57 AM

573 posts, read 236,216 times

Advertisements

Preliminary research says Beach St garage... I work around BMC, almost next to it, and coming into a car, I now need a place to monthly park it. It doesn't need to be covered or valet or inside, but it would be great if it is ubder $200 a month..

Talk to me, what can I do? Or even. How does it work at Quincy Adams T...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 12:28 PM

618 posts, read 394,080 times
You pay daily at the T garages. Where are you coming from? It may make sense to park at Sullivan on the Orange Line and head in from there. ($7 a day for parking plus your T fare)

Old 02-24-2017, 01:47 PM

599 posts, read 297,972 times
Are you commuting in on a daily basis, or do you live in town? If by chance you do a reverse commute, many garages downtown offer significantly discounted rates if your car is not there during normal business hours Mon-Fri.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Are you commuting in on a daily basis, or do you live in town? If by chance you do a reverse commute, many garages downtown offer significantly discounted rates if your car is not there during normal business hours Mon-Fri.
Well. I wonder if there is something like that at Quincy Adams.. I got an e-mail saying a $200 a month spot is available in March? Is that accurate?

I live in Southie.. Parking is an issue.. sometimes the "street" has a few spots, sometimes it doesnt, and when it doesnt, I'm afraid to walk away from my car since a gas station across the street isn't exactly a spot your car is supposed to be for anything more than like 5 minutes.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:37 PM

That said. I drove through a neighborhood on the way to Popeyes today, and there were TONS of spots.. The Popeyes was on Martin Luther King and the streets were hilly and there were playgrounds and there were so many places to park, or so it seemed... around Melnea Cass but I also didn't pay attention to the name of every street...

Old 02-24-2017, 06:28 PM

2,772 posts, read 2,230,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
That said. I drove through a neighborhood on the way to Popeyes today, and there were TONS of spots.. The Popeyes was on Martin Luther King and the streets were hilly and there were playgrounds and there were so many places to park, or so it seemed... around Melnea Cass but I also didn't pay attention to the name of every street...
Your car may not be there when you get back.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:05 AM

467 posts, read 349,887 times
For 24/7 parking, you will either have to pay the going rate- $335 a month at Beach St is pretty good, I pay over $400 a month to park in the seaport- or you can park in the street.
Everyone I know who lives or has lived in Southie parks on the street. It can be a huge pain, especially during the winter or street cleaning days when you can only park on one side, but it is much cheaper. You may have to park a few streets over if your street doesn't have enough spots.
You can take a look at craigslist and see if anyone is renting out a driveway spot in the area. I don't know if that would save you much money, though.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidmc View Post
For 24/7 parking, you will either have to pay the going rate- $335 a month at Beach St is pretty good, I pay over $400 a month to park in the seaport- or you can park in the street.
Everyone I know who lives or has lived in Southie parks on the street. It can be a huge pain, especially during the winter or street cleaning days when you can only park on one side, but it is much cheaper. You may have to park a few streets over if your street doesn't have enough spots.
You can take a look at craigslist and see if anyone is renting out a driveway spot in the area. I don't know if that would save you much money, though.
?

This spot almost doesn't seem real...

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/prk/6018572800.html

Old 03-01-2017, 03:41 PM

618 posts, read 394,080 times
Ditch the car. Why pay $300+ for parking, plus $x00 for insurance, plus gas, plus title, plus any payment on the car to commute 6 miles a day? Then deal with the nightmare of street parking in Southie. You ever go to Southie at 6pm on a weekday? There will be about 10 double parked cars with the blinkers on waiting for a spot.

I'd buy a bike or a scooter, and take the bus in bad weather. Or uber/bridj/etc. Then get Zipcar or rentals for occasional country excursions.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:03 AM

32,907 posts, read 22,854,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rethcir View Post
Ditch the car. Why pay $300+ for parking, plus $x00 for insurance, plus gas, plus title, plus any payment on the car to commute 6 miles a day? Then deal with the nightmare of street parking in Southie. You ever go to Southie at 6pm on a weekday? There will be about 10 double parked cars with the blinkers on waiting for a spot.

I'd buy a bike or a scooter, and take the bus in bad weather. Or uber/bridj/etc. Then get Zipcar or rentals for occasional country excursions.
Now that's the way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or