U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 06:04 AM

8 posts, read 3,758 times

Advertisements

Thank you, tysmith95!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 10:04 AM

628 posts, read 798,980 times
Typically, these forest preserves are set up deliberately so that you can't drive a car off the road and into the woods. It just leads to kids going in there and starting fires and having drinking parties. At least if they park in a visible location and walk in, it makes it possible to see if someone's there! So almost everywhere, there will be a parking area off the road, and then a strong metal gate that's kept locked. If you want to walk into the woods, you go around the gate. Officially you aren't supposed to be in the woods after dark, but there aren't any police patrolling the trails.

Either the Blue Hills, south of Boston, or Middlesex Fells to the north, would be good for evil deeds in the dark.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:55 AM

It all makes sense. Thanks, Amontillado!

Old 03-13-2017, 10:59 AM

13,893 posts, read 4,128,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Kingsley View Post
Hi,
I am searching for a good location for my new thriller (murder scene). I would like to find a forest area that you can drive through by car and perhaps can have a little tracks where you could meet someone and be alone on a weekend night.
Most state parks, I believe, are only for hiking or cycling. Does anyone know a nice forest area near Boston?
Thanks in advance!

The Berkshire's.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:17 AM

15,019 posts, read 16,599,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The Berkshire's.
The Berkshire's what? The Berkshires' location? It is far too far from Boston for the author's purpose.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:23 AM

Thanks, G1 and ABQConvict!
Yes, maybe the Berkshire' are too far out. Ideally I like it to be in the range of the Boston Homicide range, unless I change it the cops to State police but then need to check if they also cover murder cases. Maybe I just pick the Blue Hills

Old 03-13-2017, 11:24 AM

2,546 posts, read 4,863,452 times
Breakheart in Saugus is another.

Breakheart Reservation

Old 03-13-2017, 10:07 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,080,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Breakheart in Saugus is another.

Breakheart Reservation
Also the Lynn Woods. If the OP wants a swampy location (good spot for a murder imo) then the Belle Isle reservation could work.

Authorities identify 16-year-old Belle Isle Marsh murder victim | Boston Herald

Old 03-27-2017, 12:44 PM

I will check out the locations as well. Thanks guys.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 AM

373 posts, read 487,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Kingsley View Post
Thanks guys!
I looked at Blue hills before but can't remember why I checked for others after. I'll check Harold Parker State Forest in more detail but probably will go with Blue Hills in the end. Need to check google street maps, maybe I even can find a nice little car accessible path into the forest and out of sight from the main roads.
Thanks for the replies, very appreciated!
Ha!

There are so many folks of many of the trails! You could actually write about the southwestern side. There is a trail in Westwood. The reservation abuts the train tracks. Few know about that area. Many are not aware of the cabins in the reservation for the AMC! With some creativity I am sure that you can make something happen.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or