Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:27 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,469,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
If you want a mix of both nicer craft cocktail type vibe mixed with more divey, I would focus on Downtown Crossing/Chinatown/Theater District Area.

These are some of your options:

Yvonnes: Yvonne's Boston
JM Curley: jmCurley | 21 Temple Place – Boston, Massachusetts
Carrie Nation: Carrie Nation Restaurant and Cocktail Club
Stoddards: Stoddards Food and Ale
Silvertone: Silvertone Bar & Grill
W Lounge: http://www.wboston.com/w-lounge-boston
Highball Lounge: Highball Lounge Boston | Highball Boston
The Tam: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-tam-boston
Intermission Tavern: Welcome To The Intermission Tavern
Corner Pub: https://www.cornerpubboston.net/

That should keep you occupied for a night I'd say. Good thing also is that after you are done I assume you will want to get some late night food. Chinatown is where you will want to go. Places open later than 2am with good food are:

Peach Farm (Cantonese): Peach Farm
Double Chin (HK style cafe): Double Chin HK Cafe
New Golden Gate (Live Tank seafood): https://www.yelp.com/biz/new-golden-gate-boston-2
Thanks! If I can't decide on a specific spot to go to first, where's a good starting point to wander around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 01:31 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,469,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Well, what kinds of bars are yu looking for?

I just will answer according to what I would do personally: fenway has more than a few bars, lots of people go to Lansdowne street. Brighton Ave and harvard ave in Allston is the spot to be for people in their 20s. Another popular spot is downtown by Faneuil hall (can be fun but also very sloppy and douchey).
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rethcir View Post
Boston has a wide variety of bars. The 2AM last call is no problem - you just have to start drinking earlier.

The areas with the highest concentrations of bars are:
- Fanueil Hall (pretty touristy)
- Downtown Crossing/FiDi - mostly after work/pretheatre crowds and those bougey lounges that were mentioned
- Seaport - newer, usually upscale, some nice places with outdoor patios/roof decks in good weather
- Fenway/Garden areas - fun for pregame, usually full of hammered bro dudes after the games
- Allston around Washington Street - Lot of college kids
- Cross the river to the squares of Camberville - Central Square, Harvard Square, Davis Square, Porter Square, Union Square, Inman Square - hipster land
- Assembly Row sneaky becoming a good spot with several bars/restaurants opening including the Riverbar which has an awesome firepit
- Burbs but Moody Street in Waltham has a lot going on
What spot would you say is the most well rounded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
It depends on what you're looking for and how old you are.
I'm 22, and I'm not too picky. I'm open to pretty much anything anything except old man bars and pretentious clubs.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:16 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,113,433 times
At 22 I think Allston would be a good bet for you. Theres plenty of places to drink and eat on the cheap there. It's got more of a casual vibe than the recently commercialized downtown, Fenway areas.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:32 PM

652 posts, read 749,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Thanks!

What spot would you say is the most well rounded?

I'm 22, and I'm not too picky. I'm open to pretty much anything anything except old man bars and pretentious clubs.
22 I think I'd send you to Allston specifically around the Harvard Avenue stop on the B Line. Many many bars right around there full of college kids and young professionals.

Davis Square second choice, it also trends young but more mature/hipster vibe. A great neighborhood I would absolutely recommend any visitor to the area check out. More expensive though definitely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston