U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 PM

6,978 posts, read 6,696,703 times

Advertisements

Surprised to hear this. Ever since the late 2000s (with the addition of SW and JetBlue's rapid expansion there), Logan was almost always cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 PM

6,117 posts, read 3,057,637 times
Depending on your destination, Providence (Green) can be cheaper than Boston (Logan).

Old 04-22-2017, 06:11 AM

542 posts, read 1,502,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sometimes I see Manchester or PVD as cheaper. Sometimes. But there are almost always connections that I can avoid from Logan, so it ceases to be an advantage.
That's because for you, money is not the greatest issue. For many others, who live hand-to-mouth, or in the red, they will save at all costs.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:22 AM

585 posts, read 289,673 times
I have employees that live both north and south of the city and travel frequently. I give them the option of traveling from where ever is most convenient for them. While there are certainly exceptions, I find that their flights out of Green or Manchester are almost always more expensive than comparable options out of Logan. I have never seen them come up with a fare that that remotely compelled me to drive to one of those airports rather than fly out of Logan. In fact, quite the opposite, they often decide to trek into Logan for the more frequent and convenient schedules.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:09 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,818,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I have employees that live both north and south of the city and travel frequently. I give them the option of traveling from where ever is most convenient for them. While there are certainly exceptions, I find that their flights out of Green or Manchester are almost always more expensive than comparable options out of Logan. I have never seen them come up with a fare that that remotely compelled me to drive to one of those airports rather than fly out of Logan. In fact, quite the opposite, they often decide to trek into Logan for the more frequent and convenient schedules.
When I fly, I always check all three and typically find Logan is less expensive. Further, there are usually more options for convenient flight times. Lastly, I can easily get driven to Logan Express, the overall cost of travel from Logan is less expensive.

I just checked on a trip to Phoenix I have planned for later this year. BOS is about 15% less expensive than either MHT or PVD and it is non-stop versus one stop for the other airports.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:21 PM

182 posts, read 128,417 times
I fly out of T F Green as I live in RI but my sister law, also in RI, usually flies out of Boston because she can get non stop flights to her destinations. And Jet Blue flies out of Logan too.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:19 PM

2,769 posts, read 2,210,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Depending on your destination, Providence (Green) can be cheaper than Boston (Logan).
In my experience 90% of the time PVD is not cheaper or is slightly cheaper but has significantly worse flight times/options.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:36 AM

2,232 posts, read 4,376,864 times
Flying into Logan can be a little strange with prices. If prices are high and you have to pay it, just fly first class instead. Trust me, the prices aren't that much higher then an overpriced coach fare. Southwest prices aren't that great when you are flying a longer flight (more than 2 hours domestic) and Spirit as hard as they try is a pretty bad flight. I'm not saying American or Delta is that much better, but it is what it is, so don't expect a luxury service.

I think I said this in another thread, but Logan in general is a pretty bad airport. Actually most of the northeast airports are pretty bad and horrible to get in and out of, but I have to deal with it a few times a year.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:10 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,366,211 times
Spirit isn't that bad, just expect to pay for any extras. We paid for the big seats and had a good trip to Vegas last year. I've had worse experiences with JetBlue, ymmv.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:29 AM

6,978 posts, read 6,696,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
I think I said this in another thread, but Logan in general is a pretty bad airport. Actually most of the northeast airports are pretty bad and horrible to get in and out of, but I have to deal with it a few times a year.
It's really not. I would take it any day over JFK, LGA, DCA, MIA, LAX, STL...just to name a few I am familiar with.

Parking is a joke, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or